By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop already selling out of Wii U Deluxe Set pre-orders! [Confirmed: today's the last day to preorder it!]

There is truth to this...

Around the Network

The day that Gamestops in St Louis started offering pre-orders for the Wii launch shipments, they were sold out before the store opened. People received emails the day before saying it was first come first serve, and the next morning there was already a line of people waiting outside the stores for pre-orders. I had to go to two places and was lucky enough to get the last one; in fact less than a minute after I got in line and was given my voucher, the next poor guy that showed up was turned away.

Glad to see that anticipation for WiiU is also very high.

BenVTrigger said:

I'd imagine there would be truth to this. It's been said that the system has had incredibly swift pre-orders from Reggie, and I'd imagine that Gamestop would be the worst hit.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

BenVTrigger said:

You can actually confirm this?

Good Lord!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

I hope they're not sold out yet, leaving to order mine right now!

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

Nice try, Nintendo marketer.

BenVTrigger said:

Any predictions on how much of a holiday crunch this might turn into?

I can confirm this. I just got back from GS, and they said that they would no longer be taking pre-orders for the deluxe console after today.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Good thing I'm covered, now I just need to pay it all off before it comes out.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

OMG KILL ME.

OUTSOLD WHERE I AM UNLESS I GO 70-80 miles!
T-T

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max