By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Wii U price is right, but expect price cut soon~ Do you think the price is too high?

The pricing is good. It should take a cut when orburango come out

Around the Network

Fixed some broken html in the OP...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I would have liked the price to be lower. Who doesn't want the latest thing for as cheap as possible. But I think it will do alright at this price. I don't anticipate a price drop until MS or Sony respond with their own consoles. And even then, if we have another 599 US DOLLAR incident, they won't price drop.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

So Pachter's pleased? Doesn't sound good for WiiU...

Seriously though, seems like the mainstream media is pretty positive overall. Good price, Mario and COD at launch, Nintendo TVii... completely free feature. Holidays are going to be great for Nintendo.

spurgeonryan said:
Mr Khan said:
Fixed some broken html in the OP...

Thanks...^_^ What was broken?

italics tag, which was spilling over into the rest of the thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

2013 price cut? I say 90% no. I leave 10% because we have no strong confirmations on what the next systems will have or likely price at. However, if they price $350 to $400 or more with essentially the same 3rd party line-up, then Nintendo will at least wait until 2014. Granted this assumes Wii U is selling at or above expectations up to this point.

superchunk said:
2013 price cut? I say 90% no. I leave 10% because we have no strong confirmations on what the next systems will have or likely price at. However, if they price $350 to $400 or more with essentially the same 3rd party line-up, then Nintendo will at least wait until 2014. Granted this assumes Wii U is selling at or above expectations up to this point.

superchunk on the mark as usual. A month or so ago, Iwata said they wanted WiiU to launch at a price that they could keep it at for a long time.

Don't expect a price cut anytime soon.

Pachter can't say anything nice about Nintendo without some negative connotations in there.

It's in his contract.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Oh my goodness. Why do you insist on posting stuff from Patcher?

Stop giving him money.

I hope it doesnt stay at £259.99 for the basic and £309.99 for the premium in the UK (GAME and Amazon) else its really not going to do well here, I wont be getting one unless its closer to £250 for the premium one.

Just a nice person :)