By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU has only 1GB for running the game

Can it even run HD games from Xbox 360 and PS3?

I feel Nintendo is releasing a dated hardware. Come on, even my 5 years old computer had 2GB RAM.

Around the Network

That has been a good strategy for Nintendo the last generation, so why change that now?
Nintendo gamers don't want to have the best graphics.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

X360 uses 512mb of ram for OS/Games

WII u is using 2GB for OS/Games 1GB of ram for each according to information on teh net

mM

How come PCs require so much more RAM than consoles?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Gehirnkrampf said:
That has been a good strategy for Nintendo the last generation, so why change that now?
Nintendo gamers don't want to have the best graphics.

because the wii is barely alive.. on both the software front and hardware sales front in comparison to when Nintendo's strategy worked last gen..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
X360 uses 512mb of ram for OS/Games

WII u is using 2GB for OS/Games 1GB of ram for each according to information on teh net

2GB feels less than 512MB.

radishhead said:
How come PCs require so much more RAM than consoles?

because PC's tend to run dozens of more programs than consoles at the same time, while consoles tend to only run gaming applications and it's OS

mM

Wii U is dOmed, only 1 gig for games. Wow.

1GB for the OS is insane, I was expecting the system to have 1.5GB, not 2GB (which is a pleasant surprise), but now I wish it´d be 1.5GB for games.

Maybe devs will be able to use some of that OS RAM for the games, increasing the memory for games to 1.3GB or something.

Galaki said:

Can it even run HD games from Xbox 360 and PS3?

I feel Nintendo is releasing a dated hardware. Come on, even my 5 years old computer had 2GB RAM.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are running 512MB and they still do some pretty impressive things.

Ofcourse its dated hardware. The best looking Wii U games probably aren't going to look much better than current PS3 and 360 games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)