By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Iphone 5 vs Lumia 920

Nokia’s PureMotion HD+ has a 60Hz refresh rate, making it “blur free” and the fastest display on a phone.  Throw in ClearBlack for super saturated colors, 4.5” inches in size and a massive 332ppi that dwarfs the iPhone 5 and we know the winner.

But that didn’t stop Apple from exclaiming, "This is the world's most advanced display and I couldn't be prouder of it."

Sorry, but bullshit.

Next up was the camera. Here, Apple could have snuck in some new tech that none of us would have predicted. But no they gave users an updated iPhone 4S camera--a very solid camera—but not ground breaking. With an F/2.4 lens, BSI sensor and an improved chipset, the iPhone 5 will be good but it's not pushing the boundaries.

Nokia though has an F/2.0 camera (more light for the sensor, more ‘bokeh’ blur), 1/3” BSI sensor and optical-image stabilization (OIS) with that last one being a first for a smartphone. Toss in Nokia’s algorithms plus Scalado’s software and in terms of raw specs, Nokia crushed Apple.

Yes, we need to do side-by-side comparison, but any photographer worth their salt would reach for the Nokia’s PureView camera over the iPhone 5 just based on specs.

Even on battery life and talk-time, Apple did not fair so well. Talk time over 3G is just 8 hours versus the 10 hours claimed by Nokia. When it comes to standby time, it’s even worse: Apple – 225 hours versus Nokia at 400.

Iphone 5 has No NFC, no inductive wireless charging, no OIS for the camera, no Super-sensitive touch screen, no Gorilla Glass 2, no exciting colors, no HAAC rich recording.

Lower pixels-per-inch (PPI) on the display, smaller display, worse battery life, mediocre camera specs, slower display refresh-rate. And you can't wear gloves while using it.

Will it be a nice phone? You betcha', we’re not knocking that. But will the media and fans be impressed with this when it is eventually put up against the Lumia 920 (or even other high end Android devices)? Probably not.

The fact of the matter is Nokia showed that their research & development team has a lot more up their sleeve than Apple and Nokia is just getting started.

http://www.wpcentral.com/iphone5-versus-lumia-920

Around the Network

Assuming this wasn't somehow skewed and biased, wow Apple is getting really complacent.

This site is becoming more and more the Android (and others) advertising site. Let me be excited about iPhone 5.

No denying that 920 is an awesome device but why not launch is early. They have got the hardware and good software running in it but still so far on logistics. All the best to Nokia. Used to like their candy bar phones.

No iOS in Nokia 920... so the iPhone wins.

About Android? I prefer the Window Phone in Nokia 920.

Around the Network

Iphone 5 wont be as great as Galaxy 3 or Lumia 920 but its a good looking phone.

Haha, funny article. Oh it wasn't a joke article? Sure seemed like it...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:

Iphone 5 unveiled today, leaving alot of media bemused by what appears to be a very average spec phone in tech. Iphone 5 didnt create any buzz today, like Iphone used to. Maybe due to an average dislay, camera and featues by todays standards. Lumia 920 created the most buzz, with its amazing display and Pureview camera. The figures are acurate.

selnor said:
smbu2000 said:

Iphone 5 unveiled today, leaving alot of media bemused by what appears to be a very average spec phone in tech. Iphone 5 didnt create any buzz today, like Iphone used to. Maybe due to an average dislay, camera and featues by todays standards. Lumia 920 created the most buzz, with its amazing display and Pureview camera. The figures are acurate.

Because internet bloggers who clearly have a thing against Apple products are the world.

I don't care about some lame specs, I care about the amazing design, interface and Apps the iPhone 5 will give me.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

No iOS in Nokia 920... so the iPhone wins.

About Android? I prefer the Window Phone in Nokia 920.

Wat. iOS is too closed, there's no freedom.

And? The iOS is better even closed... if you Jailbreak it then it is unbeatable.