By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - American Libyan Consulate Attacked. US Ambassador and 3 others dead on Anniversary of 9/11

PullusPardus said:

"...Islam and Profit"

Well, that's for sure for people on the photo. Activists were actually paid for coming to the meeting.

Smth is bound to happen, the anti-US protests all over the region. I'll be dissapointed if not :D

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
KungKras said:

Draw mohammed day should be made a yearly event. Seriously, some muslims need to get used to the thought that not eveyone follows their laws and holds their values.

I hope people doesn't get scared into silence but goes in the opposite direction. If the internet and media becomes flooded with "offensive content", maybe their extremists will get the point.

THIS. And anyhow, for our culture, that deserves as much respect as theirs, a prophet consummating his marriage with one of his wives when she was 9 could be defined a pedoprophet. They just must live with this.

It was the year 620 or so. Girls got married younger then (i mean, 13 was the average age amongst the puritans as late as 1000 years later in Europe)

Islam was actually fairly progressive for women's rights at the time. I mean, we all look at the whole divorce thing (with women needing evidence while a man must simply declare it before witnesses), but that's better than how it was in Arabia before Muhammed came around.

This is true, and actually the Arab dinasties, that survived in Sicily until 1091 and in Spain until 1492, were more progressive and tolerant that most Europeans (but even they became tolerant only after completely defeating the people they invaded), but with the decline of Arab dynasties in the rest of the Islam, a lot less tolerant interpretation of islamic rules started being used as a weapon to impose a much more authoritarian power on the Islamic people themselves by many Turkish sultans (although also during their domination there were many enlightened sultans). The revenge of Arabs and other conquered Islamic people against the declining Turkish rulers coincided in many countries, and in Turkey itself even more strongly than outside of it, after the downfall of sultans, with a new modernization of Islam that lasted until Khomeini and others started again using a fundamentalist interpretation of Islam as a weapon.

Also, condition of women already started becoming less modern towards the end of Abbasid period.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

^Wondering why only due to the fact that someone from Libya has killed US ambassador people concluded that in order to hate America you should be muslim?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like muslims as everyone else :D Though funny fact, I'm Russian of Tatar-Jewish decent, who's been raised in rather traditional family (6 brother & sisters) among muslims in the city of Samarkand, which is modern Uzbekistan. But this fact didn't make me more tolerant to muslims and jews alike.

Yet none of these acts, be it murder or protests, are due to Islam. Let people hate America, Lybians deserved this!

//Seriously speaking though if you want my guess I'd say nothing is more demanded and desired in America by Americans than hate towards America... especially if you have elections around the corner.

My feelings are pretty well summed up by these two articles-
http://representingthemambo.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/getting-angry-over-a-shit-film/
http://www.juancole.com/2012/09/romney-jumps-the-shark-libya-egypt-and-the-butterfly-effect.html

The internet cable in my street was damaged for days because someone was upset about this movie and nobody should be allowed to be on the 'American' internet;..