By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GBA Games by Size

Tagged games:

Salnax said:

One therefore has to wonder why the famous Chrono Trigger, at a mere 3MB, couldn't be stuffed into a GBA cartridge.

I don't think the GBA would have given Chrono Trigger proper justice. The sound processor was a little tinny, and I was rather disappointed at how Final fantasy 6 sounded on the GBA.

I call for a 3D remake of both on 3DS!

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Oh nice, only suckers do not use roms. I thought you meant you actually bought those at a Nintendo store.

I don't mind overpaying a few bucks for the digital downloads.  I believe I've already dropped 200-300 on 3DSWare, DSiWare, and VC games for my 3DS.  A decent amount of the money went to 3DSWare games.  I also spent probably at least 200-300 on WiiWare and VC games on the Wii.  I don't mind giving money to Nintendo.  It is one of the few companies that I care to support.  Granted their VC games are a little pricey sometimes but good luck trying to pick up legit cartridges for those games at a cheaper price.

_crazy_man_ said:

Woah, the Fire Emblem's are pretty high up there.

Yea, I am a little surprised that Sacred Stones is smaller than Fire Emblem.  I thought there was perhaps more content in Sacred Stones.  Both are great games and hopefully you already played them.

sethnintendo said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Woah, the Fire Emblem's are pretty high up there.

Yea, I am a little surprised that Sacred Stones is smaller than Fire Emblem.  I thought there was perhaps more content in Sacred Stones.  Both are great games and hopefully you already played them.

Aye every english Fire Emblem beaten, minus the FE1 & 2 remakes, which I hear I'm not missing much.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Weren't the Sims games really big?

I think Yggdra Union and Riviera the promised land, i think the Yu-Gi-Oh! games got pretty big as well

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
chocoloco said:

Oh nice, only suckers do not use roms. I thought you meant you actually bought those at a Nintendo store.

I don't mind overpaying a few bucks for the digital downloads.  I believe I've already dropped 200-300 on 3DSWare, DSiWare, and VC games for my 3DS.  A decent amount of the money went to 3DSWare games.  I also spent probably at least 200-300 on WiiWare and VC games on the Wii.  I don't mind giving money to Nintendo.  It is one of the few companies that I care to support.  Granted their VC games are a little pricey sometimes but good luck trying to pick up legit cartridges for those games at a cheaper price.

I do not mind either sometimes, the thing is is that I never bought portable (or at least I pretend I never bought that game boy advanced used ). If you on google's play store they have emulators for systems of old left and right. This was easy to find and intriguing because I did not even have to specifically seek emulators out as they were just there. So as a person like all seeking self gratification at the least expenditure. I play all old games on a tablet. I would not have the desire to play the games otherwise, but when they are free I get to discover so much that I missed. Now I do like to pay for a good live or psn game if they are great. Why? Because it is not so easy to get them free and I have a desire to play them free or not. Anyways, Nintendo is rolling in doe and I avoid giving them money while still enjoying them. Never buy all the games I play from Sony or MS too as otherwise I wouldn't be able to play so many games.

You should do Commodore 64 games by size.

I'm curious about those ones.

zarx said:
Weren't the Sims games really big?

I think Yggdra Union and Riviera the promised land, i think the Yu-Gi-Oh! games got pretty big as well

You're right about the Yu-Gi-Oh games. The biggest one was something like 21 MB!

Love and tolerate.

Kingdom Hearts had FMV, so it makes sense that it would be the largest.

FrancisNobleman said:
You should do Commodore 64 games by size.

I'm curious about those ones.

I'll see if I can find any info.

Love and tolerate.