By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh boy , IGN is doing another TOP 100 list - TOP 100 RPGS ALL TIME

Tagged games:

do you like this top 100 bs?

no 74 53.24%

yes 46 33.09%

results 18 12.95%

Total:138
forevercloud3000 said:
Player2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
fordy said

"x4" junctioned with "Knights of the Round"

Quadra Magic + KoTR doesn't work.

I remember rather fondly killing Ruby Weapon with that trick. Maybe it wasn't Quadra but there is a multiplier Materia that will give you the same effect. Ruby Weapon battle, purposely kill two party members, Spam KoTR with that fix and he is dead in no time.

The best you can do is cast KoTR twice in the same turn with W-Summon, and link KoTR to something like HP absorb. Then use mimic to spam it, because each summon can be used a finite number of times in battle. But Quadra Magic + KoTR doesn't work.

Around the Network

The original Baldur's Gate at 24? Im happy with that. I was expecting it to be outside the top 25.

BG2 simply has to be in the top 5.

Gonna have a gamble on the top 10. In no particular order, of course.

Baldurs Gate 2
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Chrono Trigger
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
World of Warcraft
Knights of the Old Republic

I have a feing all will be in the top 20, at least.

Anyone consider the possibility for FF XIII or XIII-2 being #1?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Player2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Player2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
fordy said

I remember rather fondly killing Ruby Weapon with that trick. Maybe it wasn't Quadra but there is a multiplier Materia that will give you the same effect. Ruby Weapon battle, purposely kill two party members, Spam KoTR with that fix and he is dead in no time.

The best you can do is cast KoTR twice in the same turn with W-Summon, and link KoTR to something like HP absorb. Then use mimic to spam it, because each summon can be used a finite number of times in battle. But Quadra Magic + KoTR doesn't work.

I distinctly remember being able to cast KotR 4 times.  I'd often do that and then get up to make a drink or sandwich while I waited for it to finish.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Around the Network
Crono141 said:
Player2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Player2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
fordy said

I distinctly remember being able to cast KotR 4 times.  I'd often do that and then get up to make a drink or sandwich while I waited for it to finish.

Quadra Magic + Master Summon to cast 4xKotR may (never tested myself) work. And there are ways to cast it more than twice with counters.

pezus said:

Why are some of the games in bold?

@Carl: Ugh, ME3 in the top 10??

It would make sense, given that ME3 is the best game in its series.

Yes, I'm ready to have that fight. I'm ready to have that fight with any of you.

Khuutra said:
pezus said:

Why are some of the games in bold?

@Carl: Ugh, ME3 in the top 10??

It would make sense, given that ME3 is the best game in its series.

Yes, I'm ready to have that fight. I'm ready to have that fight with any of you.

I'll back you up on that one.

Dragon Warrior should be #1, no discussion.

maximus22 said:
Dragon Warrior should be #1, no discussion.

The first one?  No way in hell.