By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken Tag 2 tomorrow, who's getting it? Who wants to play?

TruckOSaurus said:
The Tag mechanic has made me realize that I don't have a good second character to go with Asuka, I could do Asuka/Jun team but that feels redundant.

It is. Asuka was created to replace Jun after Ogre killed her. Shes become more technical of a character though in her absense.

Around the Network

Jun wasn't killed... she was... missing.. or not, whatever, she's still in TTT2.

I've got a bit of time for a couple of matches if anyone is interested.  

As for the team-up, I guess she goes well with Asuka... or, probably anyone else you want to play as.  If you work at it long enough, you'll find out how to get your characters to fight with each other properly.

Right so been playing for a week and a bit now. Yet still only played online 4 times. Spent most my time just playing Ghost mode on medium just to unlock customization items.

Anyway, my housemate bought the game too, he has it on 360 (I mentioned this before as it's impossible to play. :P). But he wasn't getting into it, he's since started to learn it but I am concerned as he is determined to learn a juggling combo with Jin but while I was watching him all I could think was "this is all he's doing". I don't think he knows actually how to play the game, he's just learning a set sequence of button inputs.

This is what I have an issue with on modern Tekkens (from 6). They essentially made what was just the way of playing the game before into a proper thing and extending it with that silly bounce, which they didn't need to do. I play by keeping pressure on, counter with combos and switch between high and low hits. My play style is a combo just to knock them off their feet and while recovering, throw when getting up to kick or hard hit while rolling back.

I'm just bitter, just feel like juggling, while a real game mechanic, doesn't feel like playing the game if all you do is learn a perfect sequence of actions. As long as you get the first, you win.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Right so been playing for a week and a bit now. Yet still only played online 4 times. Spent most my time just playing Ghost mode on medium just to unlock customization items.

Anyway, my housemate bought the game too, he has it on 360 (I mentioned this before as it's impossible to play. :P). But he wasn't getting into it, he's since started to learn it but I am concerned as he is determined to learn a juggling combo with Jin but while I was watching him all I could think was "this is all he's doing". I don't think he knows actually how to play the game, he's just learning a set sequence of button inputs.

This is what I have an issue with on modern Tekkens (from 6). They essentially made what was just the way of playing the game before into a proper thing and extending it with that silly bounce, which they didn't need to do. I play by keeping pressure on, counter with combos and switch between high and low hits. My play style is a combo just to knock them off their feet and while recovering, throw when getting up to kick or hard hit while rolling back.

I'm just bitter, just feel like juggling, while a real game mechanic, doesn't feel like playing the game if all you do is learn a perfect sequence of actions. As long as you get the first, you win.

I've been playing Tekken for the longest time but never online only with my brothers. The way you describe how you fight seems very familiar to me, that's how I always played against my bros. I've never enjoyed learning combos by heart, I just prefer going with the flow of battle, playing 50 rounds with the same characters adapting my playstyle to counter what got me beaten the last time.

Signature goes here!

Loving the game so far only 3 more achievements to get. Also the team im with on World tekken federation is in the top10 teams on xbox 360. Hwo9rang has always been my main my secondary is still Miguel I have gotten pretty decent with him. The competition online is crazy though they will juggle the shit outta you.

Around the Network

I have a question before I decide if I am going to pick this one up.
Has this game this mode where could play with every character trough and then get an individual ending for them?

been some time sense i played a Tekken game so I will be getting this but for WiiU with all the fun Nintendo stuff in it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

AndrewWK said:
Has this game this mode where could play with every character trough and then get an individual ending for them?

Yes, it's what I did first of all, was taking forever, so I lowered difficulty and rounds (now on 1) just to do it quickly. Got the trophy for 40 endings because of it.

Whether the endings of any substance considering it is technically not canon, is a different matter. I don't know they might be...

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
AndrewWK said:

Yes, it's what I did first of all, was taking forever, so I lowered difficulty and rounds (now on 1) just to do it quickly. Got the trophy for 40 endings because of it.

Whether the endings of any substance considering it is technically not canon, is a different matter. I don't know they might be...

The endings aren't canon im suprised by the ones they put the most effort into though. 

Mad55 said:
The Fury said:
AndrewWK said:

The endings aren't canon im suprised by the ones they put the most effort into though. 

Are any of the ending in Tekken games canon? I mean most endings for Law, Paul and Steve involve one of them dying.

Signature goes here!