By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3 thoughts

Tagged games:

I gave up a couple of hours in, it just felt really generic and I found myself just going through the motions and not really enjoying the game.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed the third game, everything was improved from the second. The ending did leave the series open, but I think they did that so they could possibly make a sequel were you go off and fight the Chimera and push they out of North America and possibly out of Europe too (although this is hinted at the end of Resistance Retribution).

And for darkknight, they stopped converting humans because they made a vaccine to the Chimeran strain between R" and R3 :)

Hmm, I really enjoyed the first few chapters of the game. I played it Coop with my wife. But the chapters in the prison was just sick... We almost stopped playing the game.

I don't get it why "Western Games", especially US Games, often have to make use of extreme violence. Ok, fighting is a vital part of the game setting... but it just doesn't have to be "celebrated" in such ways. It was somehow disgusting.

It was a similar experience with Dragon Age, where you fight through hordes of enemies, as in every other similar game, but you start being bathed in blood and you can see the enemies blood all over you in the dialogue scenes... disgusting.

One of the best shooters this gen. Amazing artstyle, great gameplay and THANK GOD for HEALTH BARS.

I hated the ending but still, a solid 9/10 in my book.

i really had hoped to see a scene where they lured a large group of feral Widowmakers against the Chimeran army to wreak havoc, that could have made for a pretty epic battlescene.

nevertheless it was a great game

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

The story didn't deliver. What's up with the pure Chimera and the Chimeran planet? What was the ancient race that defeated the Chimera millions of years ago on earth?

What about the Cloven? What were their motives?

How did mankind suddenly gain the upperhand in the war by the destorying the tower? The Chimera overtook the world without that tower. Etc.

darkknightkryta said:
Solid-Stark said:

The final mission was to bring down the Terraformer onto the nearby Chimeran tower. This would have given them leverage on their survival war because it would have wiped out all the chimera in a certain radius; and helped close the wormhole that was opened.

The Terraformer not only cleared land (what the laser does), it also manipulated weather so that the "Pure" Chimera would find the planet hospitable. Hence the cold weather.

Their methods of converting people started changing in the second game, and eventually they grew the army they desired and were only clearing the planet of whatever's left.

Yes, they did go into all of that.

I know they explained most of it, I just missed the cold part.  Thing that I didn't get was how destroying the terraformer gave them a fighting chance, plus there were more no?  I mean, I get the chimera in the area were destroyed, but how does that help?

The main target was the Chimeran tower, not the Terraformer(s). Since it was heavily guarded they decided to use the Terraformer to destroy it. Doing that would have killed most of the chimera in the North-East. I would assume that was the point of staying alive and giving humanity some hope.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

The main target was the Chimeran tower, not the Terraformer(s). Since it was heavily guarded they decided to use the Terraformer to destroy it. Doing that would have killed most of the chimera in the North-East. I would assume that was the point of staying alive and giving humanity some hope.

But what hope would that give if there are still more terraformers/towers?  Plus there's no organized human resistance anymore, if they couldn't do it before when the chimera were isolated in Europe, how would they do it now?

game was okay,but nothing special.

darkknightkryta said:
Solid-Stark said:

But what hope would that give if there are still more terraformers/towers?  Plus there's no organized human resistance anymore, if they couldn't do it before when the chimera were isolated in Europe, how would they do it now?

The chimera were never isolated in Europe. They were expanding. In the beginning of the first game, they had already took over Asia and in the second they took over the Americas.

Spoiler. In the first game they destroyed the tower in the UK, i think, which then wiped the chimera out of the region; giving them some leverage in the war (Retribution expands on this event further). By the end of the second game, it was clear what the Chimeran towers were for.

For your first question, I guess it would be peace of mind and hope that the world would rid itself of Chimeras. I suppose it is valid to just think "hell with it all, we will die anyways". But the same logic could make a game like Fallout 3 moot; why try to purify the river if the wasteland has gone to hell?

I guess faith that humanity will come out on top resides behind the premise of these kind of games.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)