Forums - Movies & TV - Dredd 3D Looks like it's Going to be Good --> Great

Will Dredd 3D be good, great or meh?

Yes, it will be great! 8 38.10%

Yes, it will be good 5 23.81%

It'll only be OK 2 9.52%

I'd rather see Ghost Rider 2 1 4.76%

I'd rather see the Stallone version again 5 23.81%

Total:21

After 29 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes it's still on 100%. I can't recall a Grindhouse movie with little in the way of plot getting to 29 reviews and not a single bad one. Even more surprising the average review score is 7.3/10 at the moment.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

What do you think? Will it be one of the classics of the genre, or is it going to disappoint?

Unfortunately I think this will be one of those critically well received movies, but it won't do all that great at the box office. I hear it's budget was pretty modest so it should make its money back even if it ends up with a modest gross.

I don't like 3D myself, but I want to go see it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Yeah I noticed this too. I thought my eyes had finally kicked it but it's legit. From the trailer it honestly appeared as the sort of movie critics would have a field day picking apart, instead most are praising the hyper violence.

It will be like Priest.

Good/Great movie that will go unseen.

Yeah I watched it on Friday and for the budget, it has pretty much offered the best. I didn't know anything about the comic character in 2000 AD until now. Had there been no 3D, this movie would have lacked its one and only substance. I'm keen to know about how this movie will perform in the North American market. As the director had hinted anything excess of $50 million will pave way for spawning sequels.

spurgeonryan said:
The main actor whose name has left me is one of the best newish actors in hollywood!
I think there may be some hype for this flik, and europe loves Dredd! Could struggle in America though. Rated R?

Karl Urban. Played Eomer in LOTR and Bones McCoy in the Star Trek reboot.

Of course I know who he is because he's a fellow countryman, and I'm really keen for him to be successful as the leading man. This will be his first leading role in a hopefully critically acclaimed movie.

Did someone say Preist was really good? I have to respectfully disagree, it was pretty meh. And critics generally agreed giving it a 17% on RT. I'm pretty sure Dredd 3D will at least end up over the fresh threshold of 60%.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
It will be like Priest.

Good/Great movie that will go unseen.

Priest is just about the definition of mediocre. Seriously don't know what you could see in that movie other than a servicable action flick with an interesting but underused setting. 

I thought the trailer looked really really bad. I'd rather see the stallone version. I am the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
I thought the trailer looked really really bad. I'd rather see the stallone version. I am the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new one will say "I am the Law" I would have thought.

Nothing to do with Stallone, It was in the original stories.

The way stallone said's that line is funny and priceless. It was meant to be a lame joke. 

Looking forward to this film. The Stallone one was poor at best. Im glad that Urban keeps the helmet on through out the film.

RedInker said:
Looking forward to this film. The Stallone one was poor at best. Im glad that Urban keeps the helmet on through out the film.

Dredd 3D looks on par with that poor film. I am the law!!!!!!!!!!