By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda wary of Wii U: ‘it doesn’t support our games’

Euphoria14 said:
Bethesda doesn't even support their games...

This.  One of the worst video game companies in my opinion.  Atleast Activision and EA will patch any problems their games have.  Bethesda will fix problems, as long as you're not on the PS3.  This has been the case for just about everyone of their games since Oblivion.  I especially like their outright refusal of fixing the vampire problemi in the GotY edition of Oblivion.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
KungKras said:
twesterm said:
melbye said:
Ugh, third parties never have a backbone when it comes to Nintendo-consoles. Always the wait and see approach and when they are ready to make games for it, it is already too late.

Can you blame them?

Making a AAA game is a huge risk with often little payoff.  Add onto that the fact that third party core games that aren't Nintendo properties typically don't sell well on Nintendo consoles.

Except for Resident Evil 4, Epic Mickey, House of the Dead Overkill, Sonic Colours, and you know, the games that actually appeared on the system that doesn't make it feel like you're getting a second rate deal compared to the other consoles.

Riiiiight because I forgot those were the only big budget and/or high profile games on the system.  Silly me!

The production effort and the advertising effort of Wii 3rd party games versus X360/PS3 games is probably a bigger gulf than the technological differences between the consoles.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Euphoria14 said:
Bethesda doesn't even support their games...

huahuahuahua

twesterm said:
KungKras said:
twesterm said:
melbye said:
Ugh, third parties never have a backbone when it comes to Nintendo-consoles. Always the wait and see approach and when they are ready to make games for it, it is already too late.

Can you blame them?

Making a AAA game is a huge risk with often little payoff.  Add onto that the fact that third party core games that aren't Nintendo properties typically don't sell well on Nintendo consoles.

Except for Resident Evil 4, Epic Mickey, House of the Dead Overkill, Sonic Colours, and you know, the games that actually appeared on the system that doesn't make it feel like you're getting a second rate deal compared to the other consoles.

Riiiiight because I forgot those were the only big budget and/or high profile games on the system.  Silly me!

Those "were" the only games on the system that fit the description he gave...

I just finished reading the Official Wii U/Nintendo thread. It seems Nintendo has attracted a pool of developers that may define them this generation and help them at least mitigate some of the effects of mobile gaming. Unlike with the Wii which they said they were "supporting" indie developers, with the new incentives they have been offering, going in the right direction with the eShop, and some developer realize they do better on the eShop then what they were doing in the Mobile market. It seems almost every few days that an indie developer is bringing another title to the Wii U's eShop, so at least they are going to have titles for it unlike Wiiware at least out of the gate.

Around the Network
BlkPaladin said:
I just finished reading the Official Wii U/Nintendo thread. It seems Nintendo has attracted a pool of developers that may define them this generation and help them at least mitigate some of the effects of mobile gaming. Unlike with the Wii which they said they were "supporting" indie developers, with the new incentives they have been offering, going in the right direction with the eShop, and some developer realize they do better on the eShop then what they were doing in the Mobile market. It seems almost every few days that an indie developer is bringing another title to the Wii U's eShop, so at least they are going to have titles for it unlike Wiiware at least out of the gate.

Shhhhh.  The masses aren't supposed to know this.    Apple overlord wants you to believe they are the only option available....even if you don't make a dime from them.

Viper1 said:
I am sick and tired of news outlets that twist statements out of context to gain hits.

Bethesda never said, "Wii U: ‘it doesn’t support our games’" But that is how they present their article.

I am calling for a boycott on any and all sites that deliberately misconstrue a quote to denigrate any console maker for the benefit of web site hit.

So you going to boycott all website articles except company press releases than only announce the products of the company?

richardhutnik said:
Viper1 said:
I am sick and tired of news outlets that twist statements out of context to gain hits.

Bethesda never said, "Wii U: ‘it doesn’t support our games’" But that is how they present their article.

I am calling for a boycott on any and all sites that deliberately misconstrue a quote to denigrate any console maker for the benefit of web site hit.

So you going to boycott all website articles except company press releases than only announce the products of the company?

No, I don't think that is what he said at all.

richardhutnik said:
Viper1 said:

Or I'll just ignore all but what I write myself.

But that's extreme.    My preference would be for us all to ignore all sites that write for hits rather than write to inform.

Viper1 said:
richardhutnik said:
Viper1 said:

Or I'll just ignore all but what I write myself.

But that's extreme.    My preference would be for us all to ignore all sites that write for hits rather than write to inform.

Put it this way, it would be easier to come up with a rare few sites that don't do what you said, then a list of sites to boycott.  Pandering to different console bases is what most sites do.  If lucky, they have enough bases under different consoles, to find a home you are comfortable with.  Pretty much, if anyone didn't do any partisan pandering, they would get complained about being too biased for one console, or against another one.  

And ALL commercial sites WILL write for hits, because that is how they pay the bills.  The entire industry, to get the word out, uses these sites for spin.  You may want to hire someone to do research for you and get you the unbiased truth, but not sure anyone can pay enough.

Forbes pointed out a need for videogame journalist industry needing to grow up...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/09/02/do-gaming-journalists-need-to-grow-up/

As it is now, you either are going to write a shill piece or you are going to write a hit piece.  I could say, in micro-short: You get what you pay for.