By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: New Super Slim PS3 to be unveiled at TGS

I think doing it without a pricedrop would be great... They just need to keep a constant bundle going to make it more enticing through the Holidays when WiiU releases. Follow MS route with the Holiday bundles. Forza + Halo could be followed fairly easily by Sony with GT/Uncharted.

PS3 Super Slim bundled with GT5 Spec 2 and/or Uncharted 2/Uncharted Twin Pack? Would do wonders in NA/EU. Just give JP a seperate bundle, with GT5/Tokyo Jungle! Millions would be sold! MILLIONS!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
I thought we knew about the PS3 Slim for ages? And it doesn't sound reliable. It's a forum post for one, and it doesn't seem to add up (why raise the price?)

We knew about it before the Gamescon, when the patent was found, but it hasn't been officially revealed.

So yes, it sound legit.

But the 309 € mark sounds too high. I know that it has a bigger HDD and a game but it still seems to be a bit high.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Conegamer said:
I thought we knew about the PS3 Slim for ages? And it doesn't sound reliable. It's a forum post for one, and it doesn't seem to add up (why raise the price?)

NPD numbers leak in as forum posts too on gaf, yet they're reliable.

Turkish said:
Conegamer said:

NPD numbers leak in as forum posts too on gaf, yet they're reliable.

I suppose.my issue is more with the price, seems too high to be a true breakthrough for me ...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

There will be no price drop for the 250GB and 500GB models. The big deal for Sony will be the new 16GB model.

I really think Sony should delay this new model until Spring 2013, when Beyond,Gow Ascencion and probably TLoUs will launch.

They don't have any big game planned for this fall like they had in 2009 after the PS3slim was annouced.

Lower price + UC2 and later GOW3 really worked in late 2009/early 2010.

Around the Network

This rumor again! I'll wait and see till the Tokyo Game Show. this rumored in July and August and we heard nothing about at gamescom, so yeah...

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

But seems Sony don't have TGS conference this time
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/07020842.html

as what i'm expecting... ^^

the2real4mafol said:
This rumor again! I'll wait and see till the Tokyo Game Show. this rumored in July and August and we heard nothing about at gamescom, so yeah...

Although I agree with you abou the wait and see approach, I remember reading some source saying the new PS3 model wouldn't be revealed at Gamescom because of the stock level of the actual PS3. So this could be the case now.

D-Joe said:
But seems Sony don't have TGS conference this time
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/07020842.html

Thank you for enlightening us, Sony will not have TGS show.

Everyone pack your bags, nothing to see here