By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PlayStation 2 Being Removed For Wii U At GameStop

FrancisNobleman said:
So the supreme king is handing over the throne for Wii U.

well actually the supreme king is the NES, it lasted 20 years

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Scoobes said:
I'm amazed it's still selling in the States, or any of the major VG markets for that matter. It's lasted two generations and is only just starting to be dropped from stores?!

The PS2 is among the least reliable systems in history and the PS3 isn't backwards compatible (except for the initial models). If the PS2 breaks down, it means giving up your game collection unless you get it repaired or buy a new one. Since the costs for repairs aren't significantly lower than buying a new PS2, many people buy a new one because it's less of a hassle than sending it in. It's a matter of convenience, similar to how people sell their used games to Gamestop, even though they could get more money by putting them on ebay.

That's actually why I rushed to get a backwards compatable PS3 when I heard they were phasing them out

I could hear my PS2 was on its last legs, lol.

Oh the symbolism... is this a sign of Wii U dominance?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Dude...
You can still buy PS2?

Has been 'eliminated' here in the Netherlands for years now. Except in some 'extreme' specialty stores, but some of those still sell N64 or DC games too.

F0X said:
Oh the symbolism... is this a sign of Wii U dominance?

First thing that came to my mind ;)