By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis on the PS3.

leo-j said:
If it happens I will laugh at all of you.

it certainly is possible, and many of us won't even care tbh. The superior version will only be available for the PC, since a high end pc is the only thing that can handle crysis at the highest settings. Consoles (like fazz said) would be getting a dumbed down version, with hopefully a normale frame rate

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Meh, plenty of good console shooters atm lol. I'd kill to see this on the Wii :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

@neos

Your not dealing with a pc, your dealing with a ps3 a not normal console. WHy do you think this "roumer" says it cant be made on the 360?

mM
leo-j said:
@neos

Your not dealing with a pc, your dealing with a ps3 a not normal console. WHy do you think this "roumer" says it cant be made on the 360?

Leo-j don't be so ignorant. You actually think the ps3 can handle crysis on the highest settings? Only a fool would come up with something like that. You obivously have never seen it running on a really good pc..

I would love to see the PS3 or 360 even try to do this at 1080p, 60 fps. I can see smoke billowing out of both machines already.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@neos

I am sure if you put enough money into it, you might be able to make it on the 360 as well.

Software is always years behind hardware. It's just the nature of things. I was at a conference once back when the 486/50 was the hot chip. This was a thermal dynamics conference, and this booth had a real time image of a 747 with colored stress points on it as wind moved over the wings. You could change wind temp, wind speed, and altitude. It would then, in real time, calculate stress and update the image.

It was amazing to see back in those days. The booth was a few Russian guys. I asked them how the hell they were able to make that happen on a 486, it was just far more computing power then I ever thought you could get out of that chip. They laughed at me and said “486? We are from Russia, We can’t afford a 486. This is running on a 286.” I asked him what OS/Development tools they used. He said it was all done in machine code. That was the only way to get the speed they needed out of the chip.

You can get a lot out more out of a PS3 or a 360 then anyone ever will, you just need the time and money (and a reason) to do it.

@Rocketpig

OMFG UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

But isn't that what T3H CELL is for

ye remember that multiplying of ducks thins SONY showed...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rocketpig

OMFG UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

But isn't that what T3H CELL is for

ye remember that multiplying of ducks thins SONY showed...

no, even the cell can't handle it =)

leo-j said:
If it happens I will laugh at all of you.

I will laugh at you no matter what happens.

You dumb down on the graphics for Crysis and you are left with... a FPS with not much to offer.