By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis on the PS3.

Its at 640p at 60fps

Also, according to a pc develoer FALLOUT eveloper he stated no game is near the true potential of the ps3, and that people are underestimating its power.

When it runs crysis at 60fps at high ps settings at 720p it will come to hunt you.

mM
Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
Man you guys got blinders on if you dont think Crysis is possible on PS3. The visual results could be the same

Crysis is possible on the PS3. Hell it's possible on the N64! Our disagreement comes with your next statement "the visual results could be the same" and leo-j hoping for maxed out settings running smoothly.

Try to see things from my point of view. If I walked in to a topic and stated that CoD4 could run at 60fps at maxed out settings on a Wii and have the same visual results as the PS3 i'd immediately be shot down and for good reason.  Yet that's pretty much exactly what you are arguing.  You and leo are the only ones with "blinders" on. Blinders to reason.

leo-j said:
@fj warez

None.. it uses the cell only.

OMG stop talking nonsense...

This is not about the code, off course, code can be optimized, but this more about the models, the textures, that needs to be somewhere in the ram, the PS3 or 360 have a small amount of ram for such a huge details, but let me find the link from Crytek...

Here you go, from Crytek, why Crysis can't run on Max settings in HD on consoles...

http://www.crysis-online.com/Articles/crysis-on-consoles-the-facts-of-the-matter.php

Why Can't Crytek Produce a Great Crysis Port?

No one is saying they can't, but consoles do have their limitations. Crysis is a very detailed game with an enormous view distance. All that information has to be stored in a quick to reach place which is either the video ram, or the system ram.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
@fj warez

None.. it uses the cell only.

OMG stop talking nonsense...

This is not about the code, off course, code can be optimized, but this more about the models, the textures, that needs to be somewhere in the ram, the PS3 or 360 have a small amount of ram for such a huge details, but let me find the link from Crytek...

On the other side of the coin Windows XP/Vista are not optimized for games which required a lot more ram than needed on a console which is designed for games.

The 10,000 barrels thing is what the CELL does VERY well. Rendering it however, would take a lot of work. I do think it’s possible however. If you offloaded most of the pre rendering work to the CPU (again, something the CELL is VERY good at), you could get by with 256Meg of video ram.

Where you will find the biggest hurdle imo, is the 256Meg of system ram.

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
Man you guys got blinders on if you dont think Crysis is possible on PS3. The visual results could be the same but the code would have to be optimized for the PS3. The processing power of the Cell can handle it just fine, those top of the line PC's cant process data the same pace as the Cell. How come no PC's fold at the same rate as the PS3?? Because the Folding program has been optimized for the PS3. It might cost some time and money but the hardware is not what would keep Crysis from happening on the PS3.

F@H uses the processor a lot, but hardly touches anything else. The cell proccessor does not drasticly improve the ram of a machine. It can help with the video but that comes at the cost of proccessing power which is heavily required for a game like Crysis.

You do make a very good point abut optimizing the code though. This is the reason why consoles can always do very impressive things when compared to the PCs that have much higher system specs. That has limits though. There is no chance of over comming the huge difference in power between the top of the line PCs and the PS3. Crysis certainly could run on the PS3, and I would bet it can even run on the 360. You would just have to tone down the visuals a lot. At its lowest setting a lot of PCs can play Crysis at an acceptable frame rate.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

- if crysis come to PS3, they could adapt it to allow the PS3 to support the game
(with adapted gfx I mean)
- I still dont believe this rumor
- I dont see WHY the game will not come to Xbox360 too
- if it is true, then the PS3 08 FPS line-up will just pown the Xbox360 one

Time to Work !

FJ-Warez said:

Here you go, from Crytek, why Crysis can't run on Max settings in HD on consoles...

http://www.crysis-online.com/Articles/crysis-on-consoles-the-facts-of-the-matter.php

From that same link (bold is from me)

Here's what Michael Khaimzon ( Lead Art Director ) had to say in a fairly recent interview...

"I don’t think there would be any problem to convert anything we work on to the next-gen consoles if we decided to. We have enough power here, with programmers and artists to be able to do such a thing. It's just a matter of making the decision which isn't mine to make. We would just have to see how much of a sacrifice to the game we'd have to make. Or whether there would be a sacrifice at all, maybe we could find a way to make the game look exactly the same as it does on PC on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3."

MrMafoo said:
FJ-Warez said:

From that same link (bold is from me)

Here's what Michael Khaimzon ( Lead Art Director ) had to say in a fairly recent interview...

"I don’t think there would be any problem to convert anything we work on to the next-gen consoles if we decided to. We have enough power here, with programmers and artists to be able to do such a thing. It's just a matter of making the decision which isn't mine to make. We would just have to see how much of a sacrifice to the game we'd have to make. Or whether there would be a sacrifice at all, maybe we could find a way to make the game look exactly the same as it does on PC on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3."

"Maybe, we could", but his main statement remains the same:

"We would just have to see how much of a sacrifice to the game we'd have to make."

Well, we can always wait for procedural textures...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Didn't the Crysis team put up a job posting looking for PS3 programmers or maybe was it the Bioshock team? I'm not sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!