By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Fuse" from Insomniac Games - Update

Tagged games:

Slimebeast said:
And it will flop nevertheless. It will flop so hard. All about this game is just so wrong, nobody will want to play it.

I predict it will kill Insomniac.

God, I hope not.  That would be all 3 of my favourite development studios dead, two of them killed this generation.

I don't think this flopping would kill them.  Maybe they'd have to trim back and become just one dev team again, but I think they can stay alive on Ratchet for a while longer yet.  A proper main-series sequel to ACiT would sell decently.

Around the Network

I like the trailer of E3 2011, if they manage to keep that humor with good enough graphics I think it will do well.

Borderlands did the same and it worked, why can't Insomniac?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I was wondering what happened to this game, was expecting a 3rd-person shooter with the character presentation and cinematic action of the game.

@slimebeast

There is no way this flopping would be Insomniacs demise.

The original trailer looked fun. A kind of coop Team Fortress kind of game. Looking forward to seeing gameplay footage whenever they show it.

Around the Network

Updated OP with the new trailer from the fusegame website. Might as well just use this thread for everything.

Must admit, I am losing interest in this game. The E3 2011 trailer was quite exciting, and although I wasn't fussed about another shooter from Insomniac, I thought it showed some promise & had some of the humour I'm so used to seeing from them.  

This latest mission briefing was pretty generic. Hopefully it's not wholly indicative of what's to come from the game. Website unlocks tomorrow in approximately 17 hours.

I'm still holding out hope, since it's Insomniac and I love them to pieces. 

P.S. Colonel Campbell!

I will definitely take a look at this. Flop or not in sales, Insomniac should craft another enjoyable experience.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Updated the OP with some more new stuff that was revealed today. The original trailer has been delayed because of some copyright issue, but we've gotten some screenshots and an article on Playstation Blog.

Stumbled across this on Joystiq as well:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/ted-price-on-how-insomniacs-overstrike-became-fuse/

Some interesting stuff in there about the new direction they're taking it. Again, not sure if I'm sold on it yet, but it's Insomniac and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.