By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why FF Versus XIII is Destined for Greatness!!!(As far as we know)

Tagged games:

The problem with Versus is that we want it. If we stop wanting it, Square will give it to us. I know this sounds crazy but based on their actions, it's really the only thing that makes sense.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
dammit, now i have to listen to Somnus once again to satisfy my needs and set me in a proper mood to cry in agony over how square teases me with not releasing this game..

Don't worry, SE is releasing the game that every true FF fan has been crying endlessly for, FF13-3!!!!  FUCK YEA!!!!

forevercloud3000 said:
Ajescent said:
Final Fantasy Versus 13 Forever

I think Versus XIII has become a symbol of everything many of us loved about RPGs and gaming as a whole. Maybe it will become a gaming legend that we will tell our children about...

"Siddown sunny so I can tell you the legend of FF Versus XIII. This is a fantasy based on reality.....A story about how the greatest game concept of all time was locked away in SquareEnix dungeons for over 6 years in gaming hell but finally broke free in 20_ _......"

Yeah, I can see it now. I'm 90 years old with my 5 year old great grand kid on my knee.

"G.Gramps...will I live long enough to see Versus released?"

"I don't think so Jimmy, SquarEA have decided to focus their attention on the Final Fantasy based reimagining of Solitaire and a re release of Final Fantasy XXIX-5...Versus  13 is not even being talked about anymore, I think it's gone the way of The Last Remnant."

"G.Gramps, What's 'The Last Remnant'?"

"Ah Jimmy, that is another story in all of itself."

"G.Gramps?"

"Yes son?"

"My Name is Susan."

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

This game looked amazing before Final Fantasy XIII came out. Granted, it's not all about the graphics, but I'm curious why people have hyped this game so much. Please be advised that I don't have ill feelings toward this game, I just don't feel the same excitement that I did a while back.

While I was looking at the battle system, I could not stop comparing/constrasting it to Dragon's Dogma. It did not impress, but I'm willing to over look it if it has a good story.

However, if the story is anything like FFXIII story, then I don't know. FFXIII linear story progressing DID make sense to me; however, I could not develop any attachment to any of the characters up to the end of the story; It was a flashy ending, but the characters failed to resonate with me.

The Cinematic movies look nice, and the setting looks promising. I even like the fact that the main character looks Asian, but there is no denying it for me. I don't care about this game as much as I used to. I would still buy it when It comes out, but take it this way. FFXIII-2 dropped to $20 dollars at one time and I was not temped to buy it.

I don't think Square Enix is dead to me, but I've stopped expecting the next FFVI & FFVII from their future products.

Dont really think it looks very good.

To begin, with reference to the OP, the darkest FF is without a doubt FF12. The reasons being the metaphorical allusion to the events of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, not to mention the soundtrack.

Main character Noctis... looks the same thing as Squall, Lightning was the same thing as a female version of Squall and then they changed Cloud's personality in Advent Children so he was another Squall persona.

I'm getting very fed up with Squall carbon copies, would rather see more charaismatic, less-emoish main characters. His hairstyle looks awful as well. Looks like Noctis and Stella will be the same thing as Squall and Rinoa. Seems like it will be bland Twlightish romance to me.

Gameplay, of what I've seen the gameplay looks good.

I think it will be similar to FF13, maybe 3 -5 hours of cutscenes, with characters talking incessently or giving monologues incessently, or arguing with each other incessently. Can't really say I'm interested in this title unless Square Enix show more footage that it will not be any of those things.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Versus my patience. 

That's a new joke, right?

I don't think Square Enix is dead to me, but I've stopped expecting the next FFVI & FFVII from their future products.

You should expect FFV before VI & VII !!

I was worried about the game being made by KHearts team (which I dont love very much...), when there was a rumor that it was cancelled, my heart almost stopped and i realised how much i want this game!!

I will wait until the end of time for Final Fantasy Versus 13.

NobleTeam360 said:
I will wait until the end of time for Final Fantasy Versus 13.

I hope you've packed snacks.

4 ≈ One