By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have never played Pokémon.

Dude, get a Geodude for the first and second gyms, and a Gastly for the fourth gym and the rest of the game is gravy .

I got to go back to my Nuzlocke run in Soulsilver, left it midway through XD. Good choice for your first pokemon game though, the Gold and Silver games were my favourites until Black and White released.~

Oh, and don't worry too much about Natures, EVs, IVs and all that crap right now. Enjoy your first playthrough, those things only matter if you're into the competitive scene. Just make your favourite team and it'll be enough to beat the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Dude, get a Geodude for the first and second gyms, and a Gastly for the fourth gym and the rest of the game is gravy .

I got to go back to my Nuzlocke run in Soulsilver, left it midway through XD. Good choice for your first pokemon game though, the Gold and Silver games were my favourites until Black and White released.~

Oh, and don't worry too much about Natures, EVs, IVs and all that crap right now. Enjoy your first playthrough, those things only matter if you're into the competitive scene. Just make your favourite team and it'll be enough to beat the game.

Well, since you and Salnax are saying Geodude is a good idea, then I'm gonna get one. I'll probably update tomorrow and show my adventure up until the first Gym.

Chuva said:
lestatdark said:

Well, since you and Salnax are saying Geodude is a good idea, then I'm gonna get one. I'll probably update tomorrow and show my adventure up until the first Gym.

Since you're using an Emulator, you might want to set up an internal lan (depending on your emulator this can be achieved or not, DesMume and IdeaS allows internal Lan emulation for pokemon trading, No$GBA doesn't to the best of my knowledge) so you can evolve your Geodude and Gastly to their last forms (some pokemon such as those can only be evolved to their third and final evolution via trading). 

Edit - Also, if you're interested on possible team build ups, the pokes on the team on my sig have a very good balance and can take on almost any gym and the elite four with proper training. As long as you keep your team balanced, the game is easy.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Still never played any pokemon game. Never seen the appeal to be honest.

Awesome dude :D

Around the Network
RedInker said:
Still never played any pokemon game. Never seen the appeal to be honest.

Having a team of Super Powered Animal Friends doesn't strike you as amazing?

Love and tolerate.

Enjoy yourself, lad. You'll have bloody blast! ;)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Lol, that was hilarious and sad at the same time! xD (Since you hadn't played it before...)

I recommend a Magikarp. Best Pokemon evar, no need to evolve it... that's a horrible idea...

This is funny XD

It's sad that you weren't going to continue this... :/