By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2012/2013 NBA Pre-Season Power Charts

Tagged games:

chocoloco said:

1. So Smeags, does this mean you are doing the NBA thread for the season?

I saw this and am shocked the nuggets are ranked so high, and then I read articles saying they retained good free agents , signed another good one, and were involved in a huge trade bringing some supposed great guy I never heard to Denver. WoW. I might have to watch basketball this year. Still the Nuggets have the same owner as the Colorado, Avalanche, and I would rather see the guy's millions go to them not the Nuggets. Kroenke will always pay for a good Nuggs team not because he likes basketball or Denver, but because he cares more about money making than anything else. Still, looking good!

Hopefully, the Nugs can finally beat Kobe in the playoff!!!!!!

1. Perhaps, I do feel that we have a core little gang of NBA fans here on the Chartz. We'll see (since all the Chicago fans are depressed ).

2. As for the Nuggets, they're going to be this season's dark horse team in the West. They're fast, atheletic, and while they don't have that much star power (although Iguodala does give them a name to back), they play a very unselfish game under George Karl. They're the team that doesn't look like much, but they can beat any team on any given night. As a Lakers fan, they're one of the teams I'm worried about, along with OKC and Miami.

As for pre-season record guesses, I'll try my hand at them.

West:

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Minnesota Timberwolves

East:

1. Miami Heat
2. Boston Celtics
3. Indiana Pacers
4. New York Knicks
5. Philadelphia 76ers
6. Brooklyn Nets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Chicago Bulls

Around the Network

Daang the rockets are ranked extremely low.I would put them in the 20-23 range. We do have a bunch of young inexperienced players but I think it is a good team. Losing dragic was tough and Lin is overrated but hopefully he canprove himself to be a modest 15-5 player.

yeah, I watched the Nuggets enough last year to know they were a good fast break team that scored the most points on average of any team in the league during the regular season. A really fun team to watch. I only think Denver will be slightly under the radar due to Oklahoma City.

As far as Iguodala goes, the one thing about him I know is good is he is a big man. This is what Denver was lacking last year and it showed against the Lackers.

Chicago fans might come around post season time as I think they are watching football for now it seems.

I really hope the Lakers go all the way. Not because I like the team or anything. I just want Steve Nash, probably my favorite player, to finally get a ring!

Smeags said:

As for pre-season record guesses, I'll try my hand at them.

West:

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Memphis Grizzlies
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Minnesota Timberwolves

East:

1. Miami Heat
2. Boston Celtics
3. Indiana Pacers
4. New York Knicks
5. Philadelphia 76ers
6. Brooklyn Nets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Chicago Bulls

Knicks arent gonna be that great, I'd have the Nets at #3 assuming Brook Lopez stays healthy. Brook, Deron, Gerald, and Joe Johnson!?!? They won like 22 games last season with only half those pieces. It will take time to build chemistry, but they can do it in a season. New York will have to deal with that competition for Brooklyn.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

It looks like Smeags is buying into the Knicks hype. My word...

They might not even make the playoffs.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Honestly, when we're talking about the Eastern Conference, Miami, Boston, and Indiana are the only teams I'm confident about. The other five could go any other way, but at least I've seen the Knicks play before... so I'm basing my positioning on that.

The 76ers have an actual star in Andrew Bynum (and are well coached by Doug Collins), but it's to be seen on whether Bynum will embrace the spotlight or continue in his immaturity. The Nets have put together a solid team, but I'm not sold on how Williams and Johnson will work together (I do think this is the Dark Horse team of the Eastern Conference). The Hawks, who just lost Johnson, will make Josh Smith their solo star... but will that be enough? And the Bulls went from a title contender to just a good team while Rose is sidelined.

Yeah, the biggest obstacle for the Knicks are themselves, but surely Anthony and Stoudemire will finally get their act together. Right? Right?!

Smeags said:
amp316 said:

Honestly, when we're talking about the Eastern Conference, Miami, Boston, and Indiana are the only teams I'm confident about. The other five could go any other way, but at least I've seen the Knicks play before... so I'm basing my positioning on that.

The 76ers have an actual star in Andrew Bynum (and are well coached by Doug Collins), but it's to be seen on whether Bynum will embrace the spotlight or continue in his immaturity. The Nets have put together a solid team, but I'm not sold on how Williams and Johnson will work together (I do think this is the Dark Horse team of the Eastern Conference). The Hawks, who just lost Johnson, will make Josh Smith their solo star... but will that be enough? And the Bulls went from a title contender to just a good team while Rose is sidelined.

Yeah, the biggest obstacle for the Knicks are themselves, but surely Anthony and Stoudemire will finally get their act together. Right? Right?!

The Knicks had their best portion of last season when Jeremy Lin was starting at point guard and Carmelo Anthony was injured.  That's all that I'm going to add.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Now this is a sport I like.

Without Rose.... Bulls are probably placed right. I've seen no off season changes that would make me think they are making up for Rose not being on the floor.