By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony will be unfairly called copycat again when PS4 arrives

Highly doubt Sony will come up with a tablet controller for the PS4, they will use the Vita to mimic the Wii U functionality 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

The direction of this thread seems lighthearted enough. I'm going to leave it open for now, and keep tabs on things.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The eternal question, "which came first?"

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

As long as its not rectangular with rounded corners... Sony will be ok.

I dont mind these threads (in regards to this topic) and what people post as long as people remember that the PS2 had a motion controller as well, it was the onimusha 3 blade. Sure it wasnt made by Sony but motion controller was there at the time.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
I dont mind these threads (in regards to this topic) and what people post as long as people remember that the PS2 had a motion controller as well, it was the onimusha 3 blade. Sure it wasnt made by Sony but motion controller was there at the time.

So did the NES.  Remember the Power Glove?

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Albert Einstein said Time is an illusion, so technically, no one copied anybody.

Crono141 said:
V-r0cK said:

yes nintendo did have the power glove, but they licenced it, they did not create it, that does not mean Nintendo did not have innovative marketing for the device though.

The Power Glove was originally released in 1989,Though it was an officially licensed product, Nintendo was not involved in the design or release of this accessory. Rather, it was designed by Grant Goddard and Samuel Cooper Davis for Abrams Gentile Entertainment (AGE), made by Mattel in the United States.

that was the first time, the same with the WiiMote, another company created it Nintendo licenced it and innovative marketing sold a ton of the product.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
Crono141 said:
V-r0cK said:

yes nintendo did have the power glove, but they licenced it, they did not create it, that does not mean Nintendo did not have innovative marketing for the device though.

The Power Glove was originally released in 1989,Though it was an officially licensed product, Nintendo was not involved in the design or release of this accessory. Rather, it was designed by Grant Goddard and Samuel Cooper Davis for Abrams Gentile Entertainment (AGE), made by Mattel in the United States.

that was the first time, the same with the WiiMote, another company created it Nintendo licenced it and innovative marketing sold a ton of the product.

We know.  God, do we know.  The guy in the first said Sony had a motion controller for the PS2.  It was for the Capcom game Onimusha 3.  He said Sony didn't make it.  The guy who replied said that Nintendo had a controller for the Nes.  It was the Power Glove which was made by Mattel.  Your post basically said what everybody has been saying since the Playstation Move was announced.

Where you're wrong is that, unlike the Wii Remote, the Power Glove didn't sell for shit.

People have to remember that innovation is not the same as invention, and when we talk about who brought the technology out first we usually are referring to who innovated with the technology not who invented it.