By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony will be unfairly called copycat again when PS4 arrives

When tablet controller for PS4 is shown, the legion of Nintendo fanboys will scream ripoff. You can bet on that.

But it's unfair. It's isn't copying at all, the same way the the Move is to Wiimote.

They are different. They just look and feel the same.

What can Sony possibly do to make everyone happy?

Around the Network
Galaki said:

When tablet controller for PS4 is shown, the legion of Nintendo fanboys will scream ripoff. You can bet on that.

But it's unfair. It's isn't copying at all, the same way the the Move is to Wiimote.

They are different. They just look and feel the same.

What can Sony possibly do to make everyone happy?

Have a 2005 video of a tablet working with the PS2?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

what are you talking about?

The PS4 will use a tablet? News to me

Around the Network

Nobody said Sony copied when they released the Vita. Nobody said Sony copied when they released the PS3. When Sony does thing its own way, nobody says a thing. It's when Sony says, "Hey. it looks like that other company is having success with that doohickey. Let's release the Sony version of it!" that makes us complain about them copying.

Sony hasn't released a controller that has strayed from the Dual Shock design since 1997. When they made an attempt at being different, we laughed them out of E3 (remember that boomerang PS3 controller?). If Sony comes up with a new controller that is okay, we'll accept it. If Sony comes up with the exact same thing Nintendo comes up with, well.......it won't get the same reaction.

Jay520 said:

The PS4 will use a tablet? News to me

A friend of a friend of mine knows someone working for Sony that leaked the info.

It's an early leak of the eventual leak by Sony.

You can call it a pre-pre-hype.

The screen will be slightly larger and much higher res, too.

"What can Sony possibly do to make everyone happy?"
Try being original for a change. Microsoft saw the Wii, it didn't stop them from doing something different.

"Also, Sony came up with the Nintendo controller first. If you'll just follow this link, it will show you a video of a Sony controller sitting below a TV back in 1933. It was obvious that the TV was intended to be integrated into the design of the Sony controller but the timing wasn't right. The timing is now right to release the device because Nintendo released it first......"

Link: www.somebullshitwewillseeassoonassonyreleasessomethingsimilartowhathasbeenestablishedalready.com/idontgiveafuck.honestly!page=d21

happydolphin said:

"What can Sony possibly do to make everyone happy?"
Try being original for a change. Microsoft saw the Wii, it didn't stop them from doing something different.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?