By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony will be unfairly called copycat again when PS4 arrives

Gilgamesh said:

Technically Nintendo copied the tablet use of the Vita and PS3.

But no ones pointing fingers here...

Same old fallacies. GBA to Cube interactivity existed before anything Sony came up with, and including a tablet into a dedicated controller de facto is a never seen for a video game console.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Gilgamesh said:

Same old fallacies. GBA to Cube interactivity existed before anything Sony came up with, and including a tablet into a dedicated controller de facto is a never seen for a video game console.

No, no.  Let's hear his reasoning.  I'm sure he's got a logical explanation for his post.  C'mon, Gilgamesh.  Don't let me down, here. 

Gilgamesh said:

I pointed it out, but it quickly got locked. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=146312

It's unfair for Sony.

happydolphin said:
Gilgamesh said:

My point is no one ever knows who copies who, because these big companies have been coming up with these designs years ago so no one really knows who came up with the idea first, just because Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft releases there amazing new feature first before the other companies doesn't mean they were the first ones to come up with the idea, Sony could have been working on that idea years before them but in a slightly different way that took a little longer to work out all the bugs and get it on the shelf. 

d21lewis said:
blkfish92 said:
Wow this will sure bring productive conversations.

It will.  Sometimes, we take these joke threads and turn it into something the OP never intended.  That just shows how mature we are on this site.

Well. we're not ALWAYS mature.

Well here's my contributon. Some immaturity there, but you're welcome everyone.

Around the Network

Well, Sony copies Nintendo making games.
Nintendo is de god and creator of videogames.
Any "console" before NES is your imagination.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Gilgamesh said:

My point is no one ever knows who copies who, because these big companies have been coming up with these designs years ago so no one really knows who came up with the idea first, just because Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft releases there amazing new feature first before the other companies doesn't mean they were the first ones to come up with the idea, Sony could have been working on that idea years before them but in a slightly different way that took a little longer to work out all the bugs and get it on the shelf. 

That's a valid point, but a completely different story and a very different point from what you were making.

All we see is the results. If we're judging by what we see, we may be wrong but it's sad to see some deny the facts. Whether the facts represent best the reality or not is another (yes valid) story, but until we find out, we can only work with what we know.

Because if we have to take into account what you're saying, might as well just say forget any debate on companies whatsoever, since we really don't know.

Well then guess what people...Nintendo copied Nintendo!

Pavolink said:

Nintendo should have patented game-making. What a missed opportunity.

happydolphin said:
Pavolink said:

Nintendo should have patented game-making. What a missed opportunity.

Just be glad apple didn't do it.