By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Online Issues.

Tagged games:

Everytime I try to play my 3DS online, on the vast majority of occassions I get communication errors.

So far I haven't been able to complete a single Mario Kart 7 online race, Kid Icarus is about 1 in 10, Resident Evil Revelations is even worse. Local play is fine, but I'm guessing thats unrelated.

I've read on various places that if I send my 3DS to Nintendo they can resolve it, but is there anything I can do?

Around the Network

DMZ(Doesn't Mean Zilch) your 3ds. Lets your 3ds bypass your wireless security.
If you don't know how go here and tell the rep to do it. Also,tell the rep you want to skip port forwarding and shit and just do a straight up DMZ.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/js/doc_frame.jsp?f=/systems/3ds/en_na/contact.jsp?source=main&l=

If that doesn't work try another wireless router

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Nintendo's online system is sh**. Even with DMZ my 3DS still got some errors in Resident Evil Revelations and even on Sonic Generations.

I've got no errors. It was mostly when I had a 8mbs connection and that was too low for the 3DS it seems.

Now with 12mbs it seems to do just fine, I can even wander around the house, with minimum signal I can still play SSFIV good enough. Resident Evil in the other hand, lags much more.

Think I'll try the DMZ thingy. Hope it works really wanna get some 3DS online action.

Around the Network
LinkVPit said:
Think I'll try the DMZ thingy. Hope it works really wanna get some 3DS online action.

Jeez the chatline just closed for the day it seems. I hope you clicked the link when I posted it.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Soriku said:
Trying unplugging/reseting your router and see if that does anything. Haven't played any games online but my connection is fine for what I've used it for (downloading stuff, browsing the Internet a few times).

If you're having problems, it's more likely your connection is acting up or the online for the game you're playing isn't coded well rather than your 3DS itself is having the problem.

I can browse the e-shop, download stuff. Everything but play games it seems.

italo244 said:
Nintendo's online system is sh**. Even with DMZ my 3DS still got some errors in Resident Evil Revelations and even on Sonic Generations.

Don't blame Nintendo's online network for your hardware problems.

If you are getting online errors, you need to work on the signaling of your hardware.  Make sure you have a good router, make sure interference is low, make sure you aren't trying to play through a dozen walls or more than 50 feet.

Bold will likely be the biggest issue.  If you have dozens of Wi-Fi signals plus other types of wireless signals going on in the same range like a cordless phone (both running at 2.4 Ghz), you will get interference regardless of the quality of Nintendo's network.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
italo244 said:

If you are getting online errors, you need to work on the signaling of your hardware.  Make sure you have a good router, make sure interference is low, make sure you aren't trying to play through a dozen walls or more than 50 feet.

Bold will likely be the biggest issue.  If you have dozens of Wi-Fi signals plus other types of wireless signals going on in the same range like a cordless phone (both running at 2.4 Ghz), you will get interference regardless of the quality of Nintendo's network.

The router is less than 3 feet away normally so it's not that.

LinkVPit said:
Viper1 said:

The router is less than 3 feet away normally so it's not that.

If you have interference from a cordless phone using the same frequency, it doesn't matter how close your router is.

The rEVOLution is not being televised