By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Online Issues.

Tagged games:

i am getting lots of errors and stuff since the release of the digital games
i dont know if its related....

Around the Network

If you're not having problems doing other things, like say, browse the net, use eshop, Netflix i dont see how it could be a problem with your router and it sounds more like an issue with your 3DS. I got a couple of connection errors with Mario Kart myself, nothing to crazy i just chalked it up to that particular game

Viper1 said:
italo244 said:
Nintendo's online system is sh**. Even with DMZ my 3DS still got some errors in Resident Evil Revelations and even on Sonic Generations.

Don't blame Nintendo's online network for your hardware problems.

If you are getting online errors, you need to work on the signaling of your hardware.  Make sure you have a good router, make sure interference is low, make sure you aren't trying to play through a dozen walls or more than 50 feet.

Bold will likely be the biggest issue.  If you have dozens of Wi-Fi signals plus other types of wireless signals going on in the same range like a cordless phone (both running at 2.4 Ghz), you will get interference regardless of the quality of Nintendo's network.

Are you kiddin me? The router is in my bedroom!
Ive played PS3 online few weeks ago and i had not even a single error or lag. But the DS last year and 3DS this year? I always had problems.
The problem isnt with me, sorry.

italo244 said:
Viper1 said:

If you are getting online errors, you need to work on the signaling of your hardware.  Make sure you have a good router, make sure interference is low, make sure you aren't trying to play through a dozen walls or more than 50 feet.

Bold will likely be the biggest issue.  If you have dozens of Wi-Fi signals plus other types of wireless signals going on in the same range like a cordless phone (both running at 2.4 Ghz), you will get interference regardless of the quality of Nintendo's network.

Ive played PS3 online few weeks ago and i had not even a single error or lag. But the DS last year and 3DS this year? I always had problems.

Try both back to back.  3 weeks ago the interference issue may not have existed.

There is also the fact that some routers simply don't work well with some products.   That's not a Nintendo thing either.   Just as you'll find some that don't like the DS/3DS, you'll find some that simply don't like the PS3.    There is a reason that typing PS3 rotuer issue in Google gives you 10.7 million hits.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
italo244 said:
Viper1 said:

Try both back to back.  3 weeks ago the interference issue may not have existed.

There is also the fact that some routers simply don't work well with some products.   That's not a Nintendo thing either.   Just as you'll find some that don't like the DS/3DS, you'll find some that simply don't like the PS3.    There is a reason that typing PS3 rotuer issue in Google gives you 10.7 million hits.

Are you still kiddin me? I have my 3DS for almost 6 months.

Btw, how many hits of "DS router issue" in Google?

Around the Network
italo244 said:
Viper1 said:

4.9 million.  If I change it to Playstation 3 router issue, it goes to 20 million.

But you are missing my point.  Some hardware simply doesn't play well with certain brands of routers.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I had problem a while back but after I replaced my Linksys router with a Netgear router, it's been nothing but smooooooooth sailing.

Never had wireless issues with Nintendo 3DS.

th eonly time I have wireless issues is:
1. When microwave is running
2. When too many neighbours turn on their wireless routers (so I need to go manaully change channels till I find one that has little interferance).

Viper1 said:
italo244 said:
Viper1 said:

4.9 million.  If I change it to Playstation 3 router issue, it goes to 20 million.

But you are missing my point.  Some hardware simply doesn't play well with certain brands of routers.

I'm getting 4.5 for 3ds and 2.5 for ps3. Ehh... anyway, I never had problems with my 3ds. I'd suggest finding a different router and giving that ago, or sit at start bucks or McDonalds to see if it works any better there.

Viper1 said:
italo244 said:
Viper1 said:

ok, someday i will get another router. Thanks.