By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The real reason the ps3 controller is better than the Xbox 360 controller.

Boutros said:
My favorite thing about the PS3 controller is that you can have it wired. That way you don't have to worry about the battery running out.

I use rechargable batteries on my 360 controller so I never really have to worry about the battery either.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Boutros said:
My favorite thing about the PS3 controller is that you can have it wired. That way you don't have to worry about the battery running out.

I use rechargable batteries on my 360 controller so I never really have to worry about the battery either.

I use a 360 controller WITH a rechargeable battery ON my PS3. There, I win.

ultima said:
robzo100 said:
always have hated the PS controller. Just always found it awful. The Nintendo Gamecube controller and the original large Xbox controller were always my favorite. PS had a chance to change their fate with that Banana Prototype controller for PS3 but abandon it for what reason I don't know.

Don't think Nintendo or Microsoft will ever be going back to either of those original controllers though.

You're the weirdest person EVER. LOL. I personally think that the original Xbox controller was terrible. Even the terrible NES controller fells better in your hands. And thank god Sony abandoned that prototype. It looked almost as bad of a controller as the aforementioned Xbox controller.

Well, to be fair, I guess, I never got into xbox 360 much so I had little exposure to the little xbox controller on the original xbox.  It was fine and dandy but I got used to the fat controller and it seemed right to me.

The Banana controlle could have been Sony's wiimote.  I mean it probably would have been better equiped to use the sixaxis motion given you could hold it like a boomerang.  And honestly I hate the grip soooo much on the PS controller.  The Banana prototype had a smooth intuite grip to it.  It seemed awesome and then disappeared.  I think maybe that's what I like about the fat xbox controller.  It was a smooth surface for me to hold, rather than crunching my hands to hold something smaller.

I think their about even. The 360 has better analog sticks and triggers while the ps3 has a better d-pad and face buttons. Though its nothing huge. The 360 has a better grip to me as well though.

Analog face buttons suck so much that I had to use a PS1 controller to brake properly in Gran Turismo 4.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Analog face buttons suck so much that I had to use a PS1 controller to brake properly in Gran Turismo 4.

It's not right to always brake at 100% (which is what I'm assuming happens with non-pressure sensitive controllers)...

ultima said:
Player2 said:

It's not right to always brake at 100% (which is what I'm assuming happens with non-pressure sensitive controllers)...

Watch the telemetry of a F1 race. They always brake 100%. The problem was that I had to press very hard to brake 100%, and since the game doesn't allow you to calibrate the buttons...

Player2 said:
ultima said:
Player2 said:

Watch the telemetry of a F1 race. They always brake 100%. The problem was that I had to press very hard to brake 100%, and since the game doesn't allow you to calibrate the buttons...

Can I get a video of an F1 race? I'm not too familiar with that sport, so maybe they're allowed to use ABS. But any car without ABS will lock its wheels if you brake too hard, and the driver does not want that.

ultima said:
Player2 said:
ultima said:
Player2 said:

Can I get a video of an F1 race? I'm not too familiar with that sport, so maybe they're allowed to use ABS. But any car without ABS will lock its wheels if you brake too hard, and the driver does not want that.

ABS have been banned in F1 since 1994, I think. You can see them locking the brakes in races. Qualifying example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddrkQ3DJvA

Edit: They use carbon brakes which are almost impossible to control with the pedal. Of course they calibrate the brakes accordingly to each track.

Player2 said:
ultima said:
Player2 said:
ultima said:
Player2 said:

ABS have been banned in F1 since 1994, I think. You can see them locking the brakes in races. Qualifying example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddrkQ3DJvA

Edit: They use carbon brakes which are almost impossible to control with the pedal. Of course they calibrate the brakes accordingly to each track.

What does that mean? And I didn't really see the wheels locking in that video. When did it happen?