By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Want To Learn A New Language...what should I go with?

Which Language Should I Learn?

Arabic 9 7.76%

Mandarin 10 8.62%

Japanese 28 24.14%

spanish 20 17.24%

Italian 3 2.59%

Greek 7 6.03%

German 18 15.52%

Turkish 3 2.59%

Portugese 10 8.62%

Russian 7 6.03%

Total:115
darthdevidem01 said:

I REALLY want to learn a new language!!

My university offers evening courses which I think will be suitable for me...it's only 2 times a week I think. Shouldn't affect my studies really & I think I'll enjoy it!

They have

What would be the most fun & useful language to learn?
Right now I'm keen on Spanish, Japanese or Mandarin Chinese. I just can't seem to decide...I've googled stuff but it's the usual people on Yahoo Answers saying random stuff! 

What's your university like?

But anyway, i would say Chinese would be a very useful one to learn because of the business potential from that country

Spanish is quite common too. But it really depends on what you want to do with the language after i suppose.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
  • Arabic: I would go for this one because it may be the hardest. So having someone teaching you is awesome. Also great troll during boring flights speaking arabic nervously with yourself.
  • British Sign Language: No.
  • French: Girly. Hard to master the accent (don't understimate the ammount of letters you just downright ignore in one word)
  • GermanHoechsgeschwindigkeitsbegrenzung = maximum speed limit  ............SERIOUSLY???? NO!
  • Greek: Same as arabic, but might be a little bit easier on accent and writing/reading
  • Italian: Great, if you want to impress the ladies. Speaking Italian is classy man. Also it opens up a massive door to learn portuguese or spanish by yourself.
  • Japanese: Japanese chics don't have boobs. Don't know your standards, so...
  • Latin: You would die of boredom trying to find someone with whom you could have a latin conversation with. Overrated as shit.
  • Mandarin Chinese: They speak english in China
  • Portuguese: Go for Italian (ugly and hard to learn accent, unless if you want to learn Brazillian portuguese, that's sweet and flows)
  • Russian: In Soviet Russia, there's nothing to do. 
  • Spanish: Either this or Italian if you want romance languages
  • Turkish: You know how to say Kebab. That's enough.

LOL this is a great post! 
"Turkish: You know how to say Kebab. That's enough." LOL LOL :)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018