By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do some people get mad when a game goes multiplat? Or they took my games!

Fanboyism 90% of the time. People like to brag about there exclusives as a mark of superiority. It really burns when after all of that bragging and dissing the other systems features and capabilities, an improved version comes out on another system.

I generally don't see that as much from the Nintendo side though. No one really cared when No More Heroes, Resident Evil4 , the Resident Evil Chronicles games or Little King Story got ports to other platforms.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Welll I did not count strawberry sshortcake in the third dimension 1,2,3 and 4 when I made my last post. As we saw from libroex wii little known games thread there were a lot. But I think you know what I mean.

I was just BSing with you, but FACTUAL Wii has more exclusives. There probably mostly bad. 

oniyide said:
SvennoJ said:
Fear of compromises made to make it run on multiple systems.
I don't think FF13 was compromised on the ps3, maybe delayed a bit to wait for the 360 port. But where did all the lovely 1080p prerendered CGI go for FF13-2.

Another reason could be that you've already paid maximum price for a game, and now it comes a year later to another console with all the bug fixes, dlc, and other extras included promoted as the definite version.

I can see how that would upset some people, but dont you think that having played the game a whole year or more than the others is a fair trade?

It depends, not if that also means a longer wait for the sequel because the team is spending time and resources on the ports.

lilbroex said:
Fanboyism 90% of the time. People like to brag about there exclusives as a mark of superiority. It really burns when after all of that bragging and dissing the other systems features and capabilities, an improved version comes out on another system.

I generally don't see that as much from the Nintendo side though. No one really cared when No More Heroes, Resident Evil4 , the Resident Evil Chronicles games or Little King Story got ports to other platforms.

Then wouldnt it make more sense to NOT brag in the first place and just cut the fanyboyism out?

Really? I see it more from Ninty than anyone else, followed by Sony and not that much from MS. Just check the walls for NMH, Nba Jam, HOTD Overkill, Goldeneye, DeadSpace. Course there are some games they dont care about like JD and the ones you mentioned

@SvennoJ true but how much games have that happened to be the case this gen. I dont think Bioshock 1 being ported to PS3 slowed down Bioshock2 from coming out( it was delayed for different reasons)

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Why get mad at all? Let's just put mario on the 360 or PS3.

People get mad because it was supposed to be exclusive. You think. Was happy when the HD twins got a better version of goldeneye? Hell no. It makes you happy, especially as a nintendo only gamer, to have a game others want.

what was better with golden eye on the HDtwins apart from the gfx?

more modes, more online content, i think the maps were bigger. PS3 version has Move support.

Yer ok sounds about right. From memory didn't they focus on local multiplayer for the Wii version as that what suits Nintnedo fans?

Maybe i'll pick it up also on one of the HDTWINS once it drops in price here.

Anyone who takes offense to a 3rd party exclusive going multiplatform should really consider sorting out their priorities. However fans should be worried if 1st party exclusive go multiplatform.

I honestly don't understand 3rd party exclusives. With multiplatform engines like Unreal or CryEngin it's like leaving half the money on the table. With today's technology there is no reason, outside of backroom deals, for a 3rd party developer to ever make an exclusive game. The only exclusives should be made by 1st party devs. MGS4, Left 4 Dead, and Yakuza are examples of games that should be multiplatform.

What's strange to me is how Japanese developers often make exclusives on Japanese systems even when the game goes world wide. I can understand not porting a game to PC or Xbox in the land of the rising sun, but at least flip the switch when it goes to the US where they'll miss out on half the market.

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Why get mad at all? Let's just put mario on the 360 or PS3.

People get mad because it was supposed to be exclusive. You think. Was happy when the HD twins got a better version of goldeneye? Hell no. It makes you happy, especially as a nintendo only gamer, to have a game others want.

what was better with golden eye on the HDtwins apart from the gfx?

more modes, more online content, i think the maps were bigger. PS3 version has Move support.

Yer ok sounds about right. From memory didn't they focus on local multiplayer for the Wii version as that what suits Nintnedo fans?

Maybe i'll pick it up also on one of the HDTWINS once it drops in price here.

actually the online mode is very well done IMHO, still has a active community. it is similar to COD though. Hell i only played local MP twice, once when my friend was over and when the game was being demoed at comiccon pre launch

spurgeonryan said:
I used to be big on game wallls. Forgot that there is a whole other community there pretty much. More conversation on game walls than forums. Maybe people are less worried about mod ation?

Another thing for me is that I was just such a big Goldeneye player (still play from time to time) that I just did not like it anywhere else. I did the same thing back in the day with Goldeneye 64. Whenever a sony playstation gamer would say anything " goldeneye" was my answer. :}

Those game walls was what i was mostly referring too, some of them are real mad.

Im still a big GE player, it was the only game i was playing for Wii for a while. Have you played the other versions and not liked them or you just hate the idea of them being on other systems? Seems a bit selfish if that was the case. Well you just have to change your answer when a PS gamer says anything, dont know what that answer will be...Conduit???

@kyliedog, truth be told i never thought it would ever look that good regardless, thats just me