By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you ever feel compelled to yell at your Facebook friends?

Not as my "friends", per se. But I recently had a run in with some people in the group for my CS course, who were discussing the whole Wikileaks thing.

I actually do post those, as Badgenome puts it, political bumper stickers. Though, only to spark debate.

For example, I posted this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422354_169740656494808_1882975693_n.jpg

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I don't use Facebook, but I always see my coworkers glued to it. Their pages are filled to the brim with that kind of shit, and they regularly "quit" Facebook several times week because of it. What little I've seen agitates me to no end because it's usually just people echoing some shit they heard somewhere or posting some dreadfully unfunny attempt at a meme. Bumper sticker politics at its worst. So I'm guessing this is pretty common, and it's a pretty good reason for me to continue not using Facebook.

I you can read this post, thank a teacher

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

"I you can read this post"???? i geuss ur techer faled lmaoooooo

I see a lot of really stupid stuff on facebook. That's one reason why I rarely use it. I have friends from all sides of the political spectrum, and most of them seem to enjoy posting misleading and nonsensical pictures or quotes to try and attack people who believe a certain way.

It's not just limited to one group. I never reply to them though; it's not worth the time when I know I'll just get dismissed as radical (by everyone). Usually I'll either reason out why it's stupid in my head and close the tab, or I'll go look it up so that I can see how it might be taken out of context... then close the tab.

badgenome said:
leatherhat said:

"I you can read this post"???? i geuss ur techer faled lmaoooooo

fuckin unions

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I just can't wait till Facebook falls apart like Myspace did. What would be even funnier if people left Facebook for Myspace again. I suppose it will never die but I assume most people will grow tired of it. The new, "cool" effect has worn off for most users.

I have had to deal or try to stomach the opinions of one friend. He believes in the hostile Islamification of America among other radical, tea party, libertarian, media sensationalized views. His most recent was posting an article on a a speech from the black panthers calling for the death of all white men, women, and children saying something like this "this is the America Obama wants, his silence on these domestic terrorist says a lot."

Where are people's brains?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

It took me forever to get a Myspace account and refuse to get Facebook for the reasons that you said. I hear people bitch all the time about what someone said on Facebook and I laugh and say that I prefer my problems to be in the real world. The real world of VGChartz.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

A lot of people I've had in my newsfeed I deleted because the crap they come out with is intolerable - from purely nasty, hostile verbal attacks on certain demographics to the annoying inane shit that seems to have boomed lately. Not as serious as your friend, but then I reckon there are a few active political issues in America right now.

The one person I really want to give a good yelling at, is my 14 year old cousin. She's a nightmare and shouldn't even have facebook.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.