By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Post play counts of your favorite artist.

Okay, this is straight from my laptop's iTunes.

Here are my Taylor Swift play counts. They changed a lot.. These do now count Taylor's live vocal songs.

The Best Day - 8,327
Fearless - 8,279
Fifteen - 8,134
Our Song - 8,087
Dear John - 8,012
Mean - 8,000
Untouchable - 7,454
You Belong with Me - 7,345
Forever & Always - 7,009
Teardrops on My Guitar - 7,002
Tied Together With a Smile - 6,892
You're Not Sorry - 6,788
Enchanted - 6,721
Mine - 5,677
White Horse - 5,003
Sparks Fly - 4,444
Love Story - 4,348
Haunted - 4,321
Superstar - 4,007
The Other Side of the Door - 4,001
Last Kiss - 3,902
Picture to Burn - 3,678
Change - 3,450
Stay Beautiful - 3,230
Better Than Revenge - 3,004
Forever & Always (Piano Version) - 3,002
Should've Said No - 2,789
Tim McGraw - 2,456
Back to December - 2,232
Cold As You - 2,114
Breathe" (featuring Colbie Caillat) - 2,009
I'm Only Me When I'm With You - 2,004
Long Live - 1,909
The Story of Us - 1,899
Come In With the Rain - 1,898
A Perfectly Good Heart - 1,789
Never Grow Up - 1,455
Taylor Swift's 1st Phone Call With Tim McGraw - 1,356
The Outside - 1,345
Innocent - 1,222
Hey Stephen - 1,006
Invisible - 1,004
Speak Now - 1,001
Mary's Song (Oh My My My) - 902
A Place In This World - 967
The Way I Loved You - 789
Tell Me Why - 610
Jump Then Fall - 502
We're Never Ever Getting Back Together - 400

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

These play counts are insane.... Did you know that they would collectively add up to about ONE YEAR of non-stop listening to Taylor Swift...?

man-bear-pig said:
These play counts are insane.... Did you know that they would collectively add up to about ONE YEAR of non-stop listening to Taylor Swift...?

They get terribly low at the bottom. :( I love those songs though, but I love the others more. Does that make me a bad fan? Answer honestly, PLEASE!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

pezus said:

Surely you must be lying here...how can you even do this to yourself? Even the most amazing music in the world gets tiresome after a few dozen plays.

I disagree. I'm not sick of one single Taylor Swift song yet. I know of a Taylor fan who played Mine over 14,000 times!

Wow, that's insane.

I have no idea how many times I play my favourite artists (that's plural, rather than just 1 singer) but I bet my most played song is still under 100 times.

Oh wait, I did have a phase of playing CDs to help me get to sleep (actually I still do that, but I use radio shows on CD instead as the speaking voice is better than singing for trying to sleep) so I guess a few of those songs might top 100 (though probably not by much). If I remember correctly at the time I mostly played The Bends [Radiohead], Who Killed the Zutons [The Zutons], Asleep in the back [Elbow], Cast of Thousands [Elbow], and Parachutes [Coldplay].

I suspect I have probably played fewer tracks in my life than you have played your top ten Taylor tracks.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Wow, that's insane.

I have no idea how many times I play my favourite artists (that's plural, rather than just 1 singer) but I bet my most played song is still under 100 times.

Oh wait, I did have a phase of playing CDs to help me get to sleep (actually I still do that, but I use radio shows on CD instead as the speaking voice is better than singing for trying to sleep) so I guess a few of those songs might top 100 (though probably not by much). If I remember correctly at the time I mostly played The Bends [Radiohead], Who Killed the Zutons [The Zutons], Asleep in the back [Elbow], Cast of Thousands [Elbow], and Parachutes [Coldplay].

Awesome album!

man-bear-pig said:
TWRoO said:
Wow, that's insane.

Awesome album!

Indeed.

I don't really think Coldplay did anything wrong until the X&Y album (with the possible exception being Green Eyes from Rush of Blood to the Head). I don't listen to them that much anymore instead searching for new stuff and listening to more electronic sounds on Spotify, but it's rare I'll skip across early Coldplay when I play a random selection. (Especially Clocks, which was my favourite song for quite a while)

Oh, I forgot to mention Absolution [Muse] and The Milk-Eyed Mender [Joanna Newsom] in the list of albums I listened to back then.

BasilZero said:
This may be a noob question....

(But how do you check play counts on itunes?)

Disassemble your computer and send you hard-drive to apple, and a few weeks later they will send you back you play count list. It costs $30 which is a little pricey, but it is soo worth it!

BasilZero said:
man-bear-pig said:
BasilZero said:
This may be a noob question....

(But how do you check play counts on itunes?)

Disassemble your computer and send you hard-drive to apple, and a few weeks later they will send you back you play count list. It costs $30 which is a little pricey, but it is soo worth it!

I think it'll probably take them more than few weeks after going through my 10k+ tracks in my library...

10k tracks? Oh, it could take months or perhaps years in that case.

OT: I think my top played song on itunes only has 27 plays...