By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More news that next Xbox may be a modified Windows 8 PC

D-Joe said:
JazzB1987 said:
At least they can "sell" win8 with every xbox now. I mean seriously Ive never even heard about a person that likes Win8 everyone hates it. I also downloaded the preview/beta versions and its total shit. But the PC users they lose get replaced with console users.

At least its a smart move to help consolero's to get in touch with PC and vice versa they remove the issue of learning how to use different devices by making phones PCs and consoles run Win8. (of course Im talking about the less experiences people here not the average tech guy)

can't you just read the thread first?

I can. Do you need attention or why do you use boring memes istead of writing words? Whatever...

And btw Why would the stuff I say have anything to do with the thread comments Isn't it up to me if I read the comments or directly answer/reply to the headline/first comment? 

I was commenting on the topic and headline.  My first paragraph  was sarcasm mixed with my experience with Win8 and the second one was   If Win8 would hit consoles It would be a smart move.  Thats it.   Sure I didnt say it was sarcasm etc but whats wrong with it?

Around the Network

Windows 8 is Microsoft's attempt to create a unified platform across all computing devices ... I would actually be surprised if one of their most successful platforms (XBox) didn't run Windows 8

JazzB1987 said:
At least they can "sell" win8 with every xbox now. I mean seriously Ive never even heard about a person that likes Win8 everyone hates it. I also downloaded the preview/beta versions and its total shit. But the PC users they lose get replaced with console users.

At least its a smart move to help consolero's to get in touch with PC and vice versa they remove the issue of learning how to use different devices by making phones PCs and consoles run Win8. (of course Im talking about the less experiences people here not the average tech guy)

I tried Windows 8 on a tablet and its wonderful.

I also tried it on a desktop with 3 monitors in Nvidia surround (desktop) + 1 for 'metro' interface and its absolutely awesome as well. Better than Windows 7...no issues what so ever.  I plan to get a touch screen monitor for the 4th monitor and use that with the metro interface while I game on 3 screens and regular desktop.

Only ignorant people or people who don't know how to use computers can think its 'total shit'.

Here is what Win 8 looks like on a gaming machine... Not much different than Win 7.

Except its got faster boot up time, uses less resources, faster game benchmarks, .iso mounting integrated,completely seamless driver instals and updates, and many other improvements. Also it has a cool touch screen optimized metro interface people play with lol

JazzB1987 said:

Yeah, because no console gamer ever touched a PC. I don't know what you consider the average tech guy, but my mom for example is not a tech guy and she works with a PC 8 - 10 hours a day. Windows 8 won't make her a console gamer though.

The Windows 8 feedback was overwhelming so far.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Here is what Win 8 looks like on a gaming machine... Not much different than Win 7.

Except its got faster boot up time, uses less resources, faster game benchmarks, .iso mounting integrated,completely seamless driver instals and updates, and many other improvements. Also it has a cool touch screen optimized metro interface people play with lol

What flavour Yop is that??

Cool setup BTW.

Awesome. Now port all Xbox Durango games to the PC so I have zero reason to pick up the console, please!

seriously you guys really don't know it's super old thing?
the XBOX360_CRASH thing already exist in last year,i don't know why this site pick up again
http://www.winrumors.com/xbox-360-references-discovered-in-windows-8-kernel/

That would be interesting, like if you could use if as a console, and then hook it up to a monitor and use it as a computer. Breaks the boundary between console and pc gaming.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Mistershine said:
disolitude said:

What flavour Yop is that??

Cool setup BTW.

Strawberry bannana all the way.

Thanks on the compliment. This is just a temp set up will my 3 monitor stand comes in. Then I can stick a touch screen monitor underneath and call it a day...