By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMB 2 to cost £39.99 to Download!!!

Tagged games:

What do you think about the UK prices of Nintendo games on E-shop?

Fair price 15 27.27%

Bullocks! 29 52.73%

Don't care 9 16.36%

3DS is doomed anyways 2 3.64%

Total:55

I think some people are forgetting that retailers make very little money from hardware sales and relatively more from software.

I think Nintendo needs to ensure, at least initially, that it doesn't piss of the major retail chains by undercutting them on price. This could result in compromised software profit for retailers who may then feel less kindly disposed towards Nintendo in terms of shelf space afforded the Wii U.

When the PSP Go launched in Australia, one of Australia's largest retailers refused to stock it because they saw no value in selling the hardware if they couldn't subsequently make profit from software sales.

Around the Network

I bought the MGS HD (VITA) Collection for 19,99€, on PSN it's still 29,99€. WTF SOONY, Y U NO UNDERSTAND MARKET?

It's not Nintendos fault that the UK VG market is F.U.B.A.R.. We gamers profit from the dumpster pricing in the UK, even here in germany, but don't expect Nintendo to roll with this. In Germany, NSMB2 costs 44,99€ and 39,99€ digital. There you have your cheaper digital prices.

Edit: To make it perfectly clear, this thread is idiotic. I can ALWAYS find a cheaper retail offer than the digital ones. ON ANY SYSTEM. Retail games are sold from many companies who are in competition to each other, thus they undercut each other as much as they can afford it. Digital distribution is a monopoly for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, thus there is no competition and no undercutting. Nintendo will offer download cards through retailers thus they will be sold in a competetive market thus they will go down in price. So if you want your Nintendo games digital AND cheap, wait for the DL card prices to go down.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

This is only UK, I don't know if it will cost 40 Euros in France and other places. But from the stores I've been, it's for 35 pounds. I understand some of the reasoning behind it (not affecting sales in stores), but then what's the point of download then? I think many of us believe that digital sales are the future. For me though, I'll gladly get physical copies till prices go down online. Hopefully it stays that way, cause I can't see a lot of discount from online download

I pretty much always buy my games through retail anyway, so this won't affect me.

Still, you can't blame Nintendo for allowing Amazon and other retailers to sell their games for cheap, can you?

kopstudent89 said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/08/new_super_mario_bros_2_will_cost_p3999_to_download

Luckily I've ordered mine from Amazon! Blimey, 10 quid extra to download?! What are Nintendo thinking?! Same for Art Academy as well! 

Calm down. Nintendo is just following Sony, PSP-Go. Everything will be fine.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
kopstudent89 said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/08/new_super_mario_bros_2_will_cost_p3999_to_download

Luckily I've ordered mine from Amazon! Blimey, 10 quid extra to download?! What are Nintendo thinking?! Same for Art Academy as well! 

Calm down. Nintendo is just following Sony, PSP-Go. Everything will be fine.