By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Ann Coulter REALLY that stupid?

I am a canadian conservative so i guess same as american liberal. This woman literally gives me a headache. She appeals to the people way way right and says mind bogling things without the backing of facts. Also writes books with weird demonic names.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Haha, beat me to it.   That's more or less my theory on the matter.

Really everyone from Rush Limbaugh to Bill O'Reily to Larry the Cable Guy are like this.

Their private personas and beleifs are actually far more moderate then their TV show personalites.

But to quote Kevin Nash... "If you went to the ATM to get a hundred dollars and it kept spitting out 20's when would you walk away?"

To profitable to act far more extreme then you really are.

A great example on the otherside is Rachael Madow.

If you watched her before she got her own show, you wouldn't even recognize her.

She's like 200% more liberal at least.

badgenome said:
I actually saw the interview, and she was saying that the government is these chicks' husband. But I guess Coulter doesn't deserve the benefit of being put in context like President You-Didn't-Build-That since she has Wrong Opinions and stuff.

So, in other word, she says that single women consider the government to be a husband to them, that they marry, who provides for them.  They are stupid, because they both believe in the traditional role of huband and wife, and also that the government fill that role.  

And here is the full interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbL_5uHt2iA

Do you care to show what percentage of single women view the government as they husband?  While, one can argue that this is less stupid than the original quote without context, it definitely is far more insulting and stereotypical in thinking.  It also would definitely end up being a sure sign of a woman being stupid, if she can't tell the difference between a man/human and an artificially created entity that taxes and enforces laws.

Well, it would be in keeping with articles like this:

http://www.lessgovsd.com/?p=4531

richardhutnik said:

Do you care to show what percentage of single women view the government as they husband?

Not really, but I would imagine it's whatever percentage of single women vote Democrat. i.e., a majority of them. Basically, all of those Sandra Fluke types who think the government should keep its laws off of their bodies while paying for what they do with those bodies think of government as their husband. Or sugar daddy, more like.

richardhutnik said:

It also would definitely end up being a sure sign of a woman being stupid, if she can't tell the difference between a man/human and an artificially created entity that taxes and enforces laws.

You really are a very literal person, aren't you?

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Do you care to show what percentage of single women view the government as they husband?

Not really, but I would imagine it's whatever percentage of single women vote Democrat. i.e., a majority of them. Basically, all of those Sandra Fluke types who think the government should keep its laws off of their bodies while paying for what they do with those bodies think of government as their husband. Or sugar daddy, more like.

Great point. Find this quite puzzling too. You always raise good points full of wit and humour badgenome. 

Also as Kasz pointed out. I can't stand Rachael Maddow. All she really does it talk loud and laugh. Barely any time she comes with smart ariticulate points or rebuttles to the person she is debating with. Literally snapped at Bill Maher show when one of the other guests was too smart for her. 

Around the Network

Wait, how exactly is the Affordable Health Care Act an "entitlement?"

I do realize that anytime a Republican thinks that anyone with less money than them are getting some kind of assistance from the government it is automatically an 'entitlement' (i.e. "look at that lazy <non-caucasian> freeloader trying to steal my money") but again, how does this apply to the AHCA?

Under Obamacare, the 'freeloaders' that exist now - those people without any form of health insurance who use the hospital ER as their family physician while we the insured foot the bill - would be required to pay into the system via the personal mandate (you know, that thing the Tea Baggers were all out-of-their-minds about in those town hall meetings but has since been declared Constitutional by the Supreme Court)

So without Obamacare the freeloaders can clog up our nation's emergency rooms without paying a dime, but with the Obamacare mandate they would need to pay their fair share for basic health insurance. So, once again, how is Obamacare an 'entitlement'?

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

richardhutnik said:

It also would definitely end up being a sure sign of a woman being stupid, if she can't tell the difference between a man/human and an artificially created entity that taxes and enforces laws.

You really are a very literal person, aren't you?

Hey, if I am going to try to give Coulter the benefit of the doubt here, I need to parse the word she says.  There is specific meaning into what involves a husband and so on.  And, since I believe Coulter likely stands against any variation of any traditional definition of marriage (that which is between a man and a woman), then I would see she had issues with anything or anyone else being that role.  A husband by traditional definition (it is one I hold), wouldn't allow anyone else but a man be a husband for a woman.  So no, I don't believe a woman can marry the government.  And I am fairly sure no one could divorce themselve from the government.  If they could, then Tea Party folks, and Libertarians, would of filed for divorce long ago.

ratchet426 said:

I do realize that anytime a Republican thinks that anyone with less money than them are getting some kind of assistance from the government it is automatically an 'entitlement' (i.e. "look at that lazy freeloader trying to steal my money") but again, how does this apply to the AHCA?

Under Obamacare, the 'freeloaders' that exist now - those people without any form of health insurance who use the hospital ER as their family physician while we the insured foot the bill - would be required to pay into the system via the personal mandate (you know, that thing the Tea Baggers were all out-of-their-minds about in those town hall meetings but has since been declared Constitutional by the Supreme Court)

So without Obamacare the freeloaders can clog up our nation's emergency rooms without paying a dime, but with the Obamacare mandate they would need to pay their fair share for basic health insurance. So, once again, how is Obamacare an 'entitlement'?

The narrative now being spun is that everything Obama is doing is an entitlement and welfare.  He doesn't want people to work, but wants to tax those that do, and owners, to build of bunch of people who remain on the government dole, so they vote Democratic and stay in power.  This is because this tax money enables these lazy and shiftless people to living high on the hog, not being required to use the health service in place that they are meant to use, called the emergency room.  So everything Obama does, has to fit into this, including killing bin Laden.

ratchet426 said:

Here's how.

richardhutnik said:

The narrative now being spun is that everything Obama is doing is an entitlement and welfare.  He doesn't want people to work, but wants to tax those that do, and owners, to build of bunch of people who remain on the government dole, so they vote Democratic and stay in power.  This is because this tax money enables these lazy and shiftless people to living high on the hog, not being required to use the health service in place that they are meant to use, called the emergency room.  So everything Obama does, has to fit into this, including killing bin Laden.

Or it's an entitlement program because insurance companies are being prohibited by law from doing what they're supposed to do: assess risk. When a 60-year-old diabetic smoker with half a lung is paying the same for an insurance policy as a healthy 20-year-old who has never touched a cigarette in his life, it's pretty clear who is paying for whom.

Of course, Republicans are totally on board with this part because they are a bunch of feckless shitheads.