By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suda 51: Third party Wii games aren't selling

Lets see what Capcom and Ubisoft has to say

Red steel and Resident evil 4 Sales do suck in japan but they sold

excellent in Europe and north america so this game still has a very good chance in Europe and

North America

Around the Network

thats kinda sad... but hopefully us and european sales will have a decent enough sell through to satisfy suda51. i really think this title has potential to sell well in these markets, seeing as theres nothing really in that genre for the wii.... but then again it does seem like a pretty unique game.

february 29th! cant wait

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

He's upset that his game bombed in Japan, but everyone except him seemed to know it was going to bomb in Japan. The Japanese audience hates that kind of game, and it's already outsold Killer 7 in the country. Suda has never made a game that even sold half a million copies, and I think it's starting to get to him.

double post

Well that sucks but who knows the game might sell really well in Europe and America.

Around the Network

I blame Wii fit.

ctk495 said:
I blame Wii fit.

its getting old now

on 2nd thought..nah =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Soriku said:
Poor guy I'm feeling for him. But this doesn't mean no Wii support, obviously. I can't wait to see his next Wii game, after NMH. (Maybe NMH2? New game?)

His next game is Fatal Frame 4 on Wii, which he was hired to make by Tecmo.  In an interview that just popped up on Kotaku though he says he wants to start work on No More Heroes 2:

I'm really willing to make a sequel version--and right now I'm asking if it can be made...I think No More Heroes is a great game, there's no other action game like it for the Wii. If it was a band, it would be really energetic, like the Arctic Monkeys.

http://kotaku.com/345308/suda-keen-on-more-no-more-heroes

i think this one has a chance to surpass 500K...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Sounds like he's still disappointed for his game bombing in Japan. =/

I would call the casual audience of the Wii in Japan more of an issue with Japan than an issue with Nintendo. There's plenty of "hardcore" games available in Japan, but they simply aren't selling too well on any system. Therefore he probably has a point as far as Japan is concerned, but serious "gamer's games" on the Wii do very well in the West.

As for third party sales in general, very few third parties have managed to invest a considerable amount of resources on the Wii, but the few far sighted ones have been very succesful. I suppose not realising this is understandable if you don't know where to find accurate sales data. =P