By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suda 51: Third party Wii games aren't selling

I think I'll buy No More Heroes in February even if I don't have a Wii for myself yet.

Anyone else want to just give Suda a hug?

Around the Network

So he's now working on Fatal Frame IV, let's see if this will stay Wii-Exclusive -.- But after all Naz is right, I guess I would be a little pissed too if I would look at the numbers in comparison how many hardware is around. But I also believe he will excuse for what he just said when it's released in NA. I believe it will sell well and many people are waiting for it. I'm not sure about Europe though, many won't buy it, because it's censored but I guess it will see many players too. As for myself I will wait for an uncut Version too, else it would be a first day buy but I just don't feel like supporting the distributor. I would love to support Suda but I just don't like buying a full priced Version I don't like (In the Videos I feel like some part of the style is just missing in the censored Version). Anyway, let's just hope, that he will regret what he said when it's released outside of Japan :) And after all why does he wants to make a Sequel if he's really THAT pissed :)

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.” -Terry Pratchett

www.lost-acres.de

I agree with Suda that third party Wii games don't sell well in Japan (except for Square Enix games), but he couldn't be further from the truth when he says it's the same situation in the US en Europe.

Wii has what, 5 third party million sellers in little over a year? No need to complain there. Software sales are even getting better, just have a little patience.

Chrizum said:
I agree with Suda that third party Wii games don't sell well in Japan (except for Square Enix games), but he couldn't be further from the truth when he says it's the same situation in the US en Europe.

Wii has what, 5 third party million sellers in little over a year? No need to complain there. Software sales are even getting better, just have a little patience.

But what 3rd party games are selling in Japan on any home console?  Do you realize that the best selling 3rd party game in Japan on a next-gen system is Dragon Quest Swords on the Wii... Japan has become the land of handhelds.

I think making Wiiware game would better fit him it would cost less to develop and people will probably be more open to try out his game because it's cheaper.

Around the Network

He will make a sequel to no more heroes and i belive he will make it on wii IF we Europeans buy this great game. So American gamers and Europeans as well buys this fucking game and support Suda to this projects.

I guess he's talking about third parties in Japan, because in America plenty of their games are selling well.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Ubisoft will be publishing/advertising this in the US/Europe so let's see how it does here first.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

My big diff with people who say this is let's look at a few things. Nintendo has made nothing but quality games. All titles are playable on the Wii, solid titles, and are marketed correctly. Now let's look at 3rd party titles. Most have flawed control setups, cash in titles that have little work put in it, and badly marketed. If there is a 3rd party title that is good and well marketed it has sold well. Hell even some of the shitty ones have sold weel. I mean with Suda's game No More Heroes its definetly a good game, but where is the marketing. You can't just make a good game. You have to market it like a good game or it won't sell. Red Steel is a perfect example of good marketing. Ubisoft went all the way and got good sales out of it.

But titles like No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, ect that are good just aren't marketed like a good game thus they won't sell. 3rd parties can't complain about bad sales on the Wii until they make good quality games and market them as such.

^marketing is even bigger for the Wii since it is the only way to reach the casuals.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.