By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 hype thread - CDProjekt RED sci-fi RPG - Based on the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG - mix of both first and third person : October 13

CGI-Quality said:

Exactly. They have a goal set, now they have the time to reach it.

They probably won't reach that exact levl of quality across the entire game. But there is no doubt that the game will look fucking amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the best looking of 2015 technically. I mean they did this with RED 1.0 on 2011 hardware in DX9

They know their shit graphically, and the next version of RED engine is fully DX11 so add tessellation etc along with better base art and more powerful hardware.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Just saw the recently released teaser (I think it's recent). Super cool, I can't wait to see more of this.

Hope this game is gonna be another classic, just like the Witchers.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The Verge has a good writeup on the game

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/25/3911942/inside-cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-rpg

@TheVoxelman on twitter

New RED Engine 3 features include new animation system and 64-Bit HDR rendering 

http://www.cdaction.pl/news-30722/cd-projekt-red-red-engine-3-to-rewolucja-w-grach-rpg.html

GAF translation http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47168922&postcount=9

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

What does "64-bit HDR rendering" mean?
 Is it something that only 64-bit systems can use, so PC users with Vista/7/8 with the 32-bit version are f*cked?

(Also your gaf link redirects me to some ad)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

What does "64-bit HDR rendering" mean?
 Is it something that only 64-bit systems can use, so PC users with Vista/7/8 with the 32-bit version are f*cked?

(Also your gaf link redirects me to some ad)

Link works for me...

64-Bit HDR is just allows a greater range of contrast in the the frame, technically shader model 4 supports up to 128-Bit HDR. It basically allows greater differences in lighting tone whin the frame. 

An old comparison 

standard

With 64-Bit HDR

The RED Engine 3 pic they included shows it off quite well

Tho personally I think the bloom is a bit over the top and the greenish yellow tinge to the lighting looks a bit strange. But the way the light and shadow plays across the entire scene is quite nice. Especially on the cliffs to the left and the skybox.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Thanks for explaining that.

I agree that the bloom is excessive, but they did the same with The Wither 2 if I'm not mistaken, so they may like it this way.

Only 3 more days for the announcement.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

pezus said:
JEMC said:
Thanks for explaining that.

I agree that the bloom is excessive, but they did the same with The Wither 2 if I'm not mistaken, so they may like it this way.

Only 3 more days for the announcement.

Woah, I had forgotten. So a new Witcher announcement in 3 days and PS4 in 18 days! Awesome month (if I don't count my exams this month ;()

Well, they didn't say it was The Witcher 3, but they said that the game that they will reveal on the 5th woul be a “fully open-world game with an intense story” and then added “you can probably guess the game we’re talking about.”

If it's not The Witcher 3, then what can it be?

Rock paper shotgun has a new interview about the game, specifically the trailer 

"CD Projekt’s been quite busy as of late. Most recently, it teased some whizzbang, probably Witcher-3-related engine tech, but potentially even more intriguing is Cyberpunk 2077,  a whole new world full of intrigue, transhuman tech, and deranged Scyther ladies. However, while a recent CG trailer gave us a tantalizing glimpse of Night City’s corruption-twisted guts, it didn’t leave us with too terribly much to go on. Also, it had some elements that could be considered problematic – at least, from an imagery standpoint. if not entirely on an intentional level. So I got in touch with Project Lead Mateusz Kanik to discuss what the trailer way trying to show us, games’ responsibility within the larger social sphere, potential allegories for game addiction within Cyberpunk, and whether or not the final game has any chance of actually looking that good. It’s all after the break."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/02/cdp-on-cyberpunks-trailer-social-commentary-in-games/

@TheVoxelman on twitter