By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Sacrifice Official Thread! Prepare to be sacrificed... ( 3 free DLC packs detailed )

Chandler said:

Damn what am I missing fighting magusar? Phase 1 ends in like 10 seconds now for me but I cant beat phase 2 without running out of offerings. Is there a way to replenish your casts in p2? I downed him twice in this phase and wrecked havoc on him but he must have an insane amount of health.

Edit: Ugh, got him. Just needed all slots for DPS :D

Should you? I'm thinking about trying again after leveling some more with 2 melee, 2 homing, and 2 heals.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Chandler said:

Damn what am I missing fighting magusar? Phase 1 ends in like 10 seconds now for me but I cant beat phase 2 without running out of offerings. Is there a way to replenish your casts in p2? I downed him twice in this phase and wrecked havoc on him but he must have an insane amount of health.

Should you? I'm thinking about trying again after leveling some more with 2 melee, 2 homing, and 2 heals.

Well in my first try I had 4 damage spells a heal and a wall and it was not enough overall damage before running out of offerings despite me nuking P1 in a matter of seconds. Second try I removed the wall for another damage spell and switched my arm spell for grave clod to spam it when the dragon falls on his side and it worked wonders, I didn't even have to use dark pact. I also didn't get hit once so I could very well kick the heal too.

Edit: here are the spells and sigil's I used for Magusar. I was Level 20 / 31 when I beat him, stats are a little higher now, but not much:

Commando fang spell really is what my spec is all about, amazing damage output and fast cast time. My spells are still very lackluster and I pretty much just use what high level spells I have around commando fangs.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
outlawauron said:
Chandler said:

Well in my first try I had 4 damage spells a heal and a wall and it was not enough overall damage before running out of offerings despite me nuking P1 in a matter of seconds. Second try I removed the wall for another damage spell and switched my arm spell for grave clod to spam it when the dragon falls on his side and it worked wonders, I didn't even have to use dark pact. I also didn't get hit once so I could very well kick the heal too.

Edit: here are the spells and sigil's I used for Magusar. I was Level 20 / 31 when I beat him, stats are a little higher now, but not much:

Commando fang spell really is what my spec is all about, amazing damage output and fast cast time. My spells are still very lackluster and I pretty much just use what high level spells I have around commando fangs.

that is a lot of damage. I'm only at like 170.

woot! cleared all Avalon pacts(you don't have to do the forgetted pacts to get the trophy..will still do them)

Finally beat the game on my next attempt. Didn't need to level anymore, just used an 'arm' weapon and was able to do some major damage.

Around the Network

just beat all the "no injury" quest!! all by myself!! BOSS!!!

Is there any information available regarding DLC?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Is there any information available regarding DLC?

All we know that they're doing 3 packs of DLC once/month for free. Outside of that, we don't know much. We'll likely see it in two weeks.

Question for some of you vets. When using Shields, am I suppose to use the affinity of the enemy I am trying to block or do I use it's weakness???

For example I have been fighting the JackOLantern. When he does a charge I use a shield to take knock him out momentarily. He is Fire so do I use a Flame Shield or Ice Shield?

Does it even matter?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Question for some of you vets. When using Shields, am I suppose to use the affinity of the enemy I am trying to block or do I use it's weakness???

For example I have been fighting the JackOLantern. When he does a charge I use a shield to take knock him out momentarily. He is Fire so do I use a Flame Shield or Ice Shield?

Does it even matter?

I don't think it matters too much, with a ice shield, I find you can better keep up the level of frozen (all the ice you've built up) if you use a shield.