By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Sacrifice Official Thread! Prepare to be sacrificed... ( 3 free DLC packs detailed )

outlawauron said:

The normal seed was a nice upgrade for me. A medium one heals about 40% and the large does about 60%

The healing spells I checked gain like 30 in power but lose 2 casts. The spell I use goes from 150 power and 5 casts to 180 power and 3 casts. Thats like 750 vs 540 overall healing.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Soul Sacrifice is my new go to game for my very long commute to work (2.3hrs on bus). The Missions are perfect and Bite Size enough that I dont have to worry about being caught in a huge battle while battery is dying most of the time.
Im now LV:29/29. I know I am still far behind most of you tho :/

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Chandler said:
outlawauron said:

The normal seed was a nice upgrade for me. A medium one heals about 40% and the large does about 60%

The healing spells I checked gain like 30 in power but lose 2 casts. The spell I use goes from 150 power and 5 casts to 180 power and 3 casts. Thats like 750 vs 540 overall healing.

I have sigils to modify heals, so I think it works out better for me....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Chandler said:
outlawauron said:

You are forgeting the animation time it also costs you. You can use one Medium Heal for a 2sec delay, or you can use 2 Small Heals for a 4sec delay which might get you killed.

And I want to say all the spell upgrades do this really. You usually lose a few cast points(or revert back to original #) in exchange for more damage(which means less casts needed).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Chandler said:
outlawauron said:

You are forgeting the animation time it also costs you. You can use one Medium Heal for a 2sec delay, or you can use 2 Small Heals for a 4sec delay which might get you killed.

And I want to say all the spell upgrades do this really. You usually lose a few cast points(or revert back to original #) in exchange for more damage(which means less casts needed).

I am not very far into the game but so far all the attack spells retain their casts when I upgrade them to the next "tier". Only healing spells lose casts so far.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Chandler said:
outlawauron said:

I am not very far into the game but so far all the attack spells retain their casts when I upgrade them to the next "tier". Only healing spells lose casts so far.

It's on and off even with the attack spells. The explosives usually maintain their cast counts upon upgrading, but I've seen a couple of types that don't.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

overall though they all have the most casts at (L)*** or the equivalent of that for ones that don't state (S),(M),(L)

What the fuck am I supposed to do against Illecebra as a monster? I literally just kited her around a pillar for 5 minutes waiting for her enrage chase mode to wear off.

Edit: Ok I got her. Still don't know if I can counter her crouching form (that charge and the explosion that turns everything into stone, even through terrain) with skilled movement, but stonewall did it's job protecting me.

hit max rank...the only thing that sucks about that is now you can't see whether you get +/++ shard depending whether you sacrifice or save monsters

arcane_chaos said:
hit max rank...the only thing that sucks about that is now you can't see whether you get +/++ shard depending whether you sacrifice or save monsters

I HATE that. There are all these gaps in my sigils and I can't fill them nearly as well without that marker. The only way I can think of is to lower both the Divine and Dark level by one and refill it over and over again...fuck that noise. Hopefully there's another method.

Really, though, I don't like how the sigils are handled in general. I'd much rather they always made the harder variants of different opponents + or ++; it'd still be a grind, but at least then you know for sure that it'd pay off. The way it's handled now is just repetetive.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D