By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony stock down 8%

d21lewis said:

A bit more humble, if you ask me.  Sony is slowly dying and PS3/Vita lovers (the more vocal ones) still talk about how great Sony is doing.  "Sony is dominating in sales", "Wii U isn't even as good as a PS3", "Xbox has no games", "3DS sales are weak", "Nintendo lost money this quarter", "Microsoft had to write of 6.2 billion dollars" etc.  Yeah, I'm generalising based on the behavior of a few.  If it were my company/console of choice, I wouldn't be so quick to throw fire at the competition.  I'm sure Sony would rather be Nintendo or Microsoft right now.

The only person I've ever say things like that is Turkish and maybe the occasionaly noob.

Around the Network

@that graph kowenicki posted

what happened with sharp? they did good end of last year and then that?

d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Sony losing money and lowering projections seems to be the norm. Whats amazing is that it doesnt affect Sony fans morale one bit.

How should our morale be?

A bit more humble, if you ask me.  Sony is slowly dying and PS3/Vita lovers (the more vocal ones) still talk about how great Sony is doing.  "Sony is dominating in sales", "Wii U isn't even as good as a PS3", "Xbox has no games", "3DS sales are weak", "Nintendo lost money this quarter", "Microsoft had to write of 6.2 billion dollars" etc.  Yeah, I'm generalising based on the behavior of a few.  If it were my company/console of choice, I wouldn't be so quick to throw fire at the competition.  I'm sure Sony would rather be Nintendo or Microsoft right now.

To be honest we are happy because of all the software we are getting - once the financial situation impacts our enjoyment of games then we will probably start to change but for the moment the goods are still being delievered even though the dire situation they are in.

so no, I refuse the humble pie my good sir.

Exile1987 said:
Noel_Kreiss said:
Off topic - Nintendo is currently trading at 13.37$. It dropped like crazy this year too. Japanese electronics are suffering, big time. Though in all fairness, I see light in Nintendo as opposed to Sony. Nintendo has no debt, and has alot of cash reserves. At the moment, it is trading only for what they have on their balance sheet; thus, giving the company name and IP's no value, which is absurd come to think of it. I recently opened a position on Nintendo for 200 shares at @ 13.50$, yes I know, I spent 2700$ on stock. If there is a time to invest, it is now in Nintendo, not Sony. I see a better catalyst for Nintendo than Sony as their 3DS XL is now sold at a profit, and 3DS no longer sold below manufacturing costs. And Wii U coming this year, should be big. Let's hope my investment is well paid off! What do you guys think? Am I crazy lol

I would definately say crazy!

Would of waited for Wii u launch week to see interest and then drop it down to funky town :P

especially as at the moment alot of Japanese companies will have stock in each other so as more and more bad news comes the lower the stock prices will fall - the yen just needs to weaken for any Japanese company to start growing again

Defo hope it turns a nice profit for you though! - how long you intending to keep the stock for?

I may be crazy then lol ;) But judging by previous years, both Nintendo and Sony shares increased alot in anticipation of the release of both the Wii and PS3. Consequently, I expect the upward curve to be the same for the Wii U and I plan to ride that curve. But I get your point, its a risky investment. I'm mostly scared about the strong yen versus the euro since Europe is in a freefall at the moment. I think Nintendo will ship more in U.S. and Japan as the dollar value has been pretty stable with the Wii U launch. I intendo to keep the stock until it breaks atleast the 20$ barrier and should hopefully do so by year-end. Would of made atleast 1000$.

Exile1987 said:
d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Sony losing money and lowering projections seems to be the norm. Whats amazing is that it doesnt affect Sony fans morale one bit.

To be honest we are happy because of all the software we are getting - once the financial situation impacts our enjoyment of games then we will probably start to change but for the moment the goods are still being delievered even though the dire situation they are in.

I feel ya!  I'm playing Gravity Rush as we speak (DLC mission with the burning airship).  I just remember being happy with all of the great games I had when I got my Dreamcast and then things went really bad really fast.  I actually trash talked the PS2 quite a bit when I first got my Dreamcast.  I felt pretty bad when I was watching CNN and saw the news story saying that Sega was killing the console.

@Jay520, it's normally the vocal youtube community that behaves like that.  We're pretty civilized here on VGChartz most of the time.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Chandler said:

Like I wrote in the other thread, the company refusing to break down individual sales when the shareholders asked for it is a really bad sign that something is very wrong. This is like a red flag concerning corporate governance and I would not be surpised if some investors reacted to this by getting the fuck out of their investment.

I am actually surprised they are allowed to not answer a request such as that.

Thats exactly what I'm asking myself. The shareholders are the fricken owners of the company, how is it even possible to refuse their request for information.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

d21lewis said:
Exile1987 said:
d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

I feel ya!  I'm playing Gravity Rush as we speak (DLC mission with the burning airship).  I just remember being happy with all of the great games I had when I got my Dreamcast and then things went really bad really fast.  I actually trash talked the PS2 quite a bit when I first got my Dreamcast.  I felt pretty bad when I was watching CNN and saw the news story saying that Sega was killing the console.

@Jay520, it's normally the vocal youtube community that behaves like that.  We're pretty civilized here on VGChartz most of the time.

It saddens me to think of Gravity Rush... I got the Platinum last Friday and I just want the sequel it is firmly my GOTY so far.  Downloaded all the DLC on Monday but I am saving it for a while can't wait to play it again though

Plus it helps that I got Unit 13 for £14.99 and I am ADDICTED it is great, gets quite alot of attention on the train going to work as well!

Looking forward to LBP in 6 weeks and then AC3 woop ^_^

too bad for sony i guess

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

if you ask me praising the software support sony has been providing is a seperate issue to commenting on their financial standing

Jay520 said:
d21lewis said:

The only person I've ever say things like that is Turkish and maybe the occasionaly noob.

My response goes in line with d21lewis. I liked how you origionally said "our", putting yourself into that category instead of being neutral. 

Again, to your response here I think more then ever how sheltered you are on this forum. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.