By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Racist and Why?

I hate everyone equally.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Quick tip: Nobody who's racist actually thinks they're racist. It's always a matter of "well in my experience" or "but it's the truth" in their eyes. I've met dozens of racist people (my parents being some of them, even some of my best friends were racist, in a more subtle way towards very specific groups), and none of them actually think they're racist.

I had one friend who, I'm kidding you not, once said, "I'm not racist, but those fucking indians are all drunks." I laughed because he just couldn't understand what was wrong about his statement.

My dad's the worst though. He honestly thinks that the "Ragheads" are all trying to slowly infiltrate our (Canadian) government and force us to adopt their laws and customs...so they can take over and kill us all. I wish I was kidding. his proof? he heard it on some Talk Radio show when he was trucking....and he believed it because HIS trucking company (all whites) had to have limiters on their trucks, but the 'ragheads' were able to drive faster. in his mind this meant that they got special legal exceptions, and the only possible explanation was a conspiracy.

My father is a practical man, more than capable of holding his own when it comes to manly things like auto mechanic stuff, carpentry, or plumbing (you know, man jobs), but he's kind of retarded otherwise.

What is a Raghead?

Runa216 said:
Quick tip: Nobody who's racist actually thinks they're racist. It's always a matter of "well in my experience" or "but it's the truth" in their eyes.

what you did there is called stereotyping. It is the very foundation of racism. Don't make accusations against people based on one thing they said. You don't know me, don't talk about things you don't know about. 

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

NintendoPie said:

What is a Raghead?

Arab / Muslim

mysticwolf said:
Runa216 said:
Quick tip: Nobody who's racist actually thinks they're racist. It's always a matter of "well in my experience" or "but it's the truth" in their eyes.

what you did there is called stereotyping. It is the very foundation of racism. Don't make accusations against people based on one thing they said. You don't know me, don't talk about things you don't know about. 

Lol, I don't know if he was talking about you necessarily... are you becoming paranoid or something?

Around the Network

Im not. I have nothing against any race. Even if someone (of race or heritage) tells me they don't like my race, which first of is Mexican by heritage (im Mexican American). Thoes people can rot in the deepest darkest hole.

But if there's one race I do have a problem with it's black people. *waits for someone to pull the race card* Bear with me I actualy do have black freinds that I've known since jr high, but the one thing that pisses me off about certain black people, is that they've been known to pull the *thats racist!* remark.fror decades.

Yes, most of their problems stems from the days when certain states still wanted to practice slavery which led to one of the most important battles/wars in American history. Even after many states rejoined the Union they were still hesitant to give them equal rights as the whites which got worse when many moved to the north.

But for fucksakes, do they have to bring up racism for ALL their troubles. Even Bill Cosby said it it himself that black people need to stop blaming white people/racism for all their problems. It also brings my piss to a boil when they get to use words like nigga without begin racist *remembers that scene from rushour* but when someone who isn't black uses it in a freindly manner they're labled as a racist. That kind of double standard needs to end.

There's my rant............... call me a racist I don't give a rats ass

Red4ADevil said:
Im not. I have nothing against any race. Even if someone (of race or heritage) tells me they don't like my race, which first of is Mexican by heritage (im Mexican American). Thoes people can rot in the deepest darkest hole.

But if there's one race I do have a problem with it's black people. *waits for someone to pull the race card* Bear with me I actualy do have black freinds that I've known since jr high, but the one thing that pisses me off about certain black people, is that they've been known to pull the *thats racist!* remark.fror decades.

Yes, most of their problems stems from the days when certain states still wanted to practice slavery which led to one of the most important battles/wars in American history. Even after many states rejoined the Union they were still hesitant to give them equal rights as the whites which got worse when many moved to the north.

But for fucksakes, do they have to bring up racism for ALL their troubles. Even Bill Cosby said it it himself that black people need to stop blaming white people/racism for all their problems. It also brings my piss to a boil when they get to use words like nigga without begin racist *remembers that scene from rushour* but when someone who isn't black uses it in a freindly manner they're labled as a racist. That kind of double standard needs to end.

There's my rant............... call me a racist I don't give a rats ass

I love your post. Especially that part.

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally ;) Edit: Damn beaten to it >_>

I am generally racist against young poor people and youths that have a rap/hip hop vibe. It sounds racist but every time myself has or a friend a bad social experience in my town its with younger black men. Every time a friend is jumped or robbed or randomly gets fucked with for no reason, its black men. I have worked with and been neighbors and friends and coworkers with blacks and they are cool but if I see a group of black youths walking or on a porch I do my best to avoid it. Its sad but true and maybe racist but I dont want to get fucked up or robbed for being near a potentially bad crowd. I grew up in NYC and went to a school that was about 10% white and never had any major problems(other then getting robbed a few times by, you gessed it, young black kids) and had many black and Hispanic friends. Now that I am older and on my own it seems I am becoming more racist due to life experience but not stereotypes .

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

NintendoPie said:
mysticwolf said:
Runa216 said:

Lol, I don't know if he was talking about you necessarily... are you becoming paranoid or something?

Lol I thought it might appear that way. I just don't like it when people use stereotypes. 

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash