By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dragon Quest X Preorders Top DQ Collection Preorders 9 Days out from Launch

TheSource said:

So as of July 25th it looks like DQX has 155,000 preorders in Japan, last year Dragon Quest Collection only got to 140,000 preorders, and then it sold about 290,000 units week one.

I reckon DQX will get to about 200,000 preorders. Typically games double their preorder level on Wii, but sometimes it's more like x1.5 or x1.75, either way, it looks like DQX is a pretty safe bet for a 300,000 - 400,000 opening in Japan, and it should hold at a fairly high level with Obon coming mid-month. Given Kirby pushed some hardware this week, and Just Dance will push some hw next week, I reckon we're going to see at least four weeks in Japan where Wii is above 10,000 again as DQ / Mario Party / Just Dance / Kirby will each sell fairly well into late August.

I'm willing to say with a fair amount of certainty too, that DQX week is probably the last non-Dec/Jan week that Wii will top 25,000 in Japan (I'm expecting about 12,000 for JD week, and 28,000 for DQX week one, )

For a numbered Dragon Quest game, aren't these numbers pretty poor?  I mean, compared to recent releases in the series?   What would it have launched to had it been released two years ago (when the Wii userbase was more active)?

Around the Network

this is excite!

so how long do we have to wait before we get first day numbers you think?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

What is the Obon?

Anywho, it's good... but does it match it's predecessor Mainline DQ's?

It looks like it did 320,000 or so week one. It's hard to say if that is above or below what they wanted since it is MMO-ish and not RPG-ish (ala DQ1-9), and also on two platforms. If they get 500,000 subscribers on the Wii version though - and that does appear likely - they should make a ton of money on Wii and Wii U with the game.

NSMB 3DS also held well, with JD2, and Kirby hardly falling at all which bodes well for a lot of "Nintendo" customers buying stuff this week in Japan.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

It looks like it did 320,000 or so week one. It's hard to say if that is above or below what they wanted since it is MMO-ish and not RPG-ish (ala DQ1-9), and also on two platforms. If they get 500,000 subscribers on the Wii version though - and that does appear likely - they should make a ton of money on Wii and Wii U with the game.

NSMB 3DS also held well, with JD2, and Kirby hardly falling at all which bodes well for a lot of "Nintendo" customers buying stuff this week in Japan.

How will Wii HW fare? 35K - 40K?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d