By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5

I'm loving the beta but I can't justify paying for the game and then paying a subscription.

Around the Network

deskpro2k3 said:

If you have problems seeing the text in the chat box, you can change the font size in one of these two options. the character configuration, or sytem configuration.

the beta servers is different than the official servers, so i'm confident they'er making the adjustments needed from these test.

skip a few lunches a day. lol

You can't... UI text and NPD text continue small like a hell... you can change Chat Text and others things but UI and NPC dialog not.

BTW I will play again just when the character carry over to the final build... I think the Beta 2 allow that.

ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

It's a pretty good game, just gotta play it on a large TV so you can read the text and hook up a kbo/mouse to the PS4, I'd say it's worth the money, better than having microtransactions. MMOs are not couch games, espeically when you play with other people cause they'll bitch you out if you suck. You also still need a device(phone/tablet/laptop/desktop whichever) for TS/Mumble/Vent/Skype etc for easier times with people explaining strats sometimes.

I had a 51" HDTV... the only way to fix the small text is setthing the PS4 to 720p.

I took this picture close to the TV... I play lying down in my bed... this is terrible... I even worked with a GAF to open a thread in SE support about that: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/147988-PS4-hard-to-read-small-UI-elements (there are more pics there).

Text size scaling would be nice, though I wouldn't wanna play that game on my bed unless I'm gathering stuff with my gamepad lol.

dahuman said:

Text size scaling would be nice, though I wouldn't wanna play that game on my bed unless I'm gathering stuff with my gamepad lol.

I always played every console from my bed or sofa... always lying in... I love this way.

If I have time I will take a picture from where my eyes stay from the HDTV.

Edit - Vita Remote Play makes the text even worst.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

I always played every console from my bed or sofa... always lying in... I love this way.

If I have time I will take a picture from where my eyes stay from the HDTV.

Edit - Vita Remote Play makes the text even worst.

Yeah I do that with JRPGs since there is never fast action going on for the most part lol. I'd highly recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard for your PS4 if you are serious about playing this game so it's easier to text chat with people instead of having to use macros BTW. Also a lot easier to write macros with.

dahuman said:

Yeah I do that with JRPGs since there is never fast action going on for the most part lol. I'd highly recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard for your PS4 if you are serious about playing this game so it's easier to text chat with people instead of having to use macros BTW. Also a lot easier to write macros with.

Something I liked from the Beta was that I didn't found any chat spammer in my journey

I didn't try because I don't have a bluethooth headset yet but I prefer to talk instead to text.

ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

Something I liked from the Beta was that I didn't found any chat spammer in my journey

I didn't try because I don't have a bluethooth headset yet but I prefer to talk instead to text.

as far as I know, there is no ingame voice chat, you'd need to use things like Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrillo, or Skype etc.

xKakashi209x said:
I'm loving the beta but I can't justify paying for the game and then paying a subscription.

The subscription is for new content, and support in FFXIV:ARR, and it don't require PS Plus to play.

If you're having fun, I'm sure the game will grow on you, and that will be enough justice ^^

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I have stopped playing the beta as i don't want to work to hard and lose all my stuff, but i will defiantly be subscribing