By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5

I love how the PS4 trailer has people fighting Titan in a giant circle in the middle, MNK hitting Thanatos while not invis, and bitches eating Meteor from Behemoth standing all around it in an even bigger circle, I was laughing IRL during those parts, fucking epic LOL!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Played some 4 hours...

Loved everything except:

- Suck small text... they need to fix that of noway I will pay it
- Connection issues to login... it is a bet but if I pay it I won't accept to wait to enter in a server/world
- Suck expensive subscription

It's a pretty good game, just gotta play it on a large TV so you can read the text and hook up a kbo/mouse to the PS4, I'd say it's worth the money, better than having microtransactions. MMOs are not couch games, espeically when you play with other people cause they'll bitch you out if you suck. You also still need a device(phone/tablet/laptop/desktop whichever) for TS/Mumble/Vent/Skype etc for easier times with people explaining strats sometimes.

I'm hoping 2.2 is better, but my hope is low. I'm utterly bored with the game because i've done everything, and the content isn't that hard to do. It's a monday game, and then wait until next monday to repeat.

I'm excited for Leviathan, but it'll be tuned for the LCD and we'll complete it in a matter of hours. Harsh, but true.

FlamingWeazel said:
WOW ps4 version graphics are amazing. Best looking MMO on the market.

I'd argue that GW2 looks just as good if not better(assets are better for sure due to it being a PC game) with Blade&Soul being better for sure, but FF14 has it's good moments, I personally want higher res textures for FF14 on all assets cause that thing can get really ugly when you close in on anything. Hopefully the PS4 version will bring us updated assets, I'm so hoping, like please do it SE!

Wagram said:
I'm hoping 2.2 is better, but my hope is low. I'm utterly bored with the game because i've done everything, and the content isn't that hard to do. It's a monday game, and then wait until next monday to repeat.

I'm excited for Leviathan, but it'll be tuned for the LCD and we'll complete it in a matter of hours. Harsh, but true.

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean, I'm done with the game until next Monday as well lol. We already have a nice FC housing, 2 T5 groups and forming a 3rd, PLD tanks with over 7k HP, fast ex primal kills and most people not even doing daily dungeons or beastmen stuff anymore, the only thing left is leveling my chocobo to level 10 from 6 so I can get the chocobo suit, which I'm in no hurry to do lol.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Heavenly_King said:
I want this free to play on PS3 XD

Is it gonna be f2p on PS3? I thought you had to pay a extra sub fee even for the PS3 ver o.O? (I mean that is what I heard their gonna do with FFXIV on PS3).

Its never gonna happen.

1. FFXI is still P2P.

2. FFXIVARR has now 1.8m subs, its a sucess.

3. F2P means the game just died. Its impossible to have the content support we are having in an F2P model. Give it up, F2P model doesnt deliver a quality game.

4. The only scenario where this can happen is if/when they stop supporting the PS3 version.

To be honest, the only people that ask for all MMO's to be F2P are people who dont play MMO's. If they did, they would know better. Why should the developers go after a croud that is hardly interested in playing their games? That strategy is fundamentally flawed and all it produces is badly supported MMO's riddled with micro-transactions.

Now for my own input. I have been desperatly trying to get a PS4 to play this as soon as it launches. I already got the PS3 version on special sale in january and i can upgrade it for free! :) Aka free PS4 game! Yay!

dahuman said:
Wagram said:

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean, I'm done with the game until next Monday as well lol. We already have a nice FC housing, 2 T5 groups and forming a 3rd, PLD tanks with over 7k HP, fast ex primal kills and most people not even doing daily dungeons or beastmen stuff anymore, the only thing left is leveling my chocobo to level 10 from 6 so I can get the chocobo suit, which I'm in no hurry to do lol.

We nabbed a Large in the Mist (against my will, I wanted Goblet) for like 145M or so. Had to merc our eyes out, didn't really want too, but hard to amass 145m.

Wagram said:
dahuman said:
Wagram said:

We nabbed a Large in the Mist (against my will, I wanted Goblet) for like 145M or so. Had to merc our eyes out, didn't really want too, but hard to amass 145m.

yeah, it's retarded that that it takes so long for the price to go down, I'm hoping for personal housing though, I don't know why they are so reluctant on that shit. Also, has it been confirmed that you can fight with your retainer yet in 2.2 or is that rumor status? I'd love to armor them up with their ridiculous names and fight with them lol.

ethomaz said:

Played some 4 hours...

Loved everything except:

- Suck small text... they need to fix that of noway I will pay it
- Connection issues to login... it is a bet but if I pay it I won't accept to wait to enter in a server/world
- Suck expensive subscription

If you have problems seeing the text in the chat box, you can change the font size in one of these two options. the character configuration, or sytem configuration.

the beta servers is different than the official servers, so i'm confident they'er making the adjustments needed from these test.

skip a few lunches a day. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

dahuman said:

It's a pretty good game, just gotta play it on a large TV so you can read the text and hook up a kbo/mouse to the PS4, I'd say it's worth the money, better than having microtransactions. MMOs are not couch games, espeically when you play with other people cause they'll bitch you out if you suck. You also still need a device(phone/tablet/laptop/desktop whichever) for TS/Mumble/Vent/Skype etc for easier times with people explaining strats sometimes.

I had a 51" HDTV... the only way to fix the small text is setthing the PS4 to 720p.

I took this picture close to the TV... I play lying down in my bed... this is terrible... I even worked with a GAF to open a thread in SE support about that: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/147988-PS4-hard-to-read-small-UI-elements (there are more pics there).