By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5

got my copy of FFxiv (ps3) today :)
for some reason i feel nervous going into this game because ive never played a proper MMO before!
also can someone tell is the subscription fee automatically aken out each month or do you haveto renew it every 30 days?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
got my copy of FFxiv (ps3) today :)
for some reason i feel nervous going into this game because ive never played a proper MMO before!
also can someone tell is the subscription fee automatically aken out each month or do you haveto renew it every 30 days?

You can set it to recurring, or you can only pay one month at a time after your initial 30 days.

If you subscribe for long durations (6 months) you get a subscription discount leading to basically like a free month.

Ive stopped playing at lv15. Not because i dislike the game but because its boring to play on my own... oh and well Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is out.
On the plus side from what i played i will definitely be coming back to it when i have the time, my final exams are in 5-7 weeks

Kyuu said:
Yes. I read about the slow battle system and grinding focus. I don't mind the latter much since I enjoyed low level challenges in 2D FF games but this slow combat system issue is somewhat bothering me. I hope this can be fixed somehow through future updates and patches.

But the world looks fantastic and the use of nostalgic elements makes it pretty lovely.

I'm level 50, and combat never feels slow to me. I play tank, healer, and DD classes and I find myself frantically pressing buttons, making sure I stay alive, and making sure everyone else stays alive. Combat definitely doesn't feel slow at endgame. You can also boost your cooldown by getting more "skill speed." This makes your global cooldown shorter, although it doesn't go down to insanely fast levels. 

Combat feels slower at lower levels because you have less dynamic fights and less skills to worry about. I have 2-3 FULL bars of things I press for my level 50 classes. Some have more, some have less, but they all play crucial roles that require quick reflexes.

So... please look forward to it? 

:P

just fought ifrit and after losing 5 times, my party finally won. i should have recorded the victory because the tank died, the archer died, leaving me ( conjurer ) and the thaumaturge left to fight him. the part that sucked was that i ended up tanking him for the last 8mins , it was not what i expected to happen. but in the end we won :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@stokedup, choose atomos server ok :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Getting your first Ifrit weapon...

Dat feel...

So... I got the achievement last night for completing 1 thousand fates.

Holy shit what have I done.

OK ive set up an account for this game and its currently downloading a 2.5gb patch or whatever it is.

what i want to know is, i havnt actually gave any bank account info so how do square enix take the monthly subscription fee from you? do they use my PSN account?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
OK ive set up an account for this game and its currently downloading a 2.5gb patch or whatever it is.

what i want to know is, i havnt actually gave any bank account info so how do square enix take the monthly subscription fee from you? do they use my PSN account?

Everything is handled through your square enix account via the mog station.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5