By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
007BondAgent said:
Cant wait for the open beta :D

open beta is coming soon! get your pc and ps3 ready folks because all your progress from open beta will carry over onto the official release if you want it to.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
007BondAgent said:

open beta is coming soon! get your pc and ps3 ready folks because all your progress from open beta will carry over onto the official release if you want it to.

I never got into the open beta :(

007BondAgent said:
deskpro2k3 said:
007BondAgent said:

Open beta hasn't started yet! We just finished Phase 3, so all of our progrses is going to be wiped. In 2 weeks or so the open beta will start, and THAT progress will carry into the final release.

wfz said:
007BondAgent said:
deskpro2k3 said:
007BondAgent said:

Open beta hasn't started yet! We just finished Phase 3, so all of our progrses is going to be wiped. In 2 weeks or so the open beta will start, and THAT progress will carry into the final release.

2 weeks?? gahhh, xillia is out then :(

I still want to know how the gameplay is.

Is it like FFXI or WoW/GW2/SWtoR/Rift

By this I mean the battlesystem not the classes/jobs

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:

I still want to know how the gameplay is.

Is it like FFXI or WoW/GW2/SWtoR/Rift

By this I mean the battlesystem not the classes/jobs

The battle system has a global cool down (GCD) that exists for a multitude of reasons that effects certain abilities, not all. Perhaps one of the biggest ones is that while it may not seem it to the untrained eye (or those not versed with the Final Fantasy series) the GCD is infact a different interface for the active time battle system (ATB) that has been a staple in the series for over a decade now. You perform an action, that action executes, and you wait a given amount of time until taking that next action. This also decides the entire balance of the game because the entire game has been built upon this core mechanic. You are not just mashing one, two, and then three buttons, and then waiting until you can attack again. This system gives you a 2.3 second chance to think about your next move. This GCD timer can be shorten with food buffs, and equipments.

In that sense, the battle system in FFXIV:ARR is faster paced than FFXI.

Does this answer your question?

Here is some low Lv17 stuff. A sample. She gives a good explaination about Combat, Limit Breaks, Party, and Duty Finder.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

This baffles me honestly. They had to remake this game from scratch and they still can't fix latency issues with monster abilities.

Apparently they've accepted it as a bug, but it has been like this for some time. If they release the game like this, then I hope they enjoy getting abused in review scores again.

The guys from 8-4 play love it but I am no MMO guy

Hvinire said:
Between Phase 3 and 4 we're not planning any adjustments to the difficulty curve for FATE battles. Once Phase 4 begins, please continue to try out each available FATE and give us your feedback.

That seems like a reoccuring thing with this beta?

Thanks for your feedback, but we have no plans to change anything. Let us know how you feel with more feedback we're not going to listen to.

Battle system, ravens, difficulty, audio, UI features...

Man this list is growing.

Thanks for listening to my feedback Tanaka...I mean Yoshi.

Wagram said:
Hvinire said:
Between Phase 3 and 4 we're not planning any adjustments to the difficulty curve for FATE battles. Once Phase 4 begins, please continue to try out each available FATE and give us your feedback.

That seems like a reoccuring thing with this beta?

Thanks for your feedback, but we have no plans to change anything. Let us know how you feel with more feedback we're not going to listen to.

Battle system, ravens, difficulty, audio, UI features...

Man this list is growing.

Thanks for listening to my feedback Tanaka...I mean Yoshi.

PS3 limits, my friend...and the Raven earrings I'm confused about. Were the stats changed/lowered to what they were in 1.0? I remember in 1.0 they were +10 for each stat.