By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Only one in three Americans can name the 3 branches of the Federal government

Well from the perspective of high school I had, I would agree with this. The students are practically retarded.

Around the Network

Whats even sadder (or more sad) is the answer they give people when they ask them about what's their nationality.

crissindahouse said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Khan said:
This is what you get when you cut educational funding (or redirect funds to the football team :/)

America spends more per capita then any other country. Its not the money.

you forget that usa has another system as many other countries and therefore you can't just use financial numbers to compare them. if you want to really learn something in usa you have to go to an college/university, as example here in germany you don't always go to something like that to learn the same as people in usa learn. here in germany you have universities or apprenticeships where you work three years in a company as apprentice and only go to a special school few hours a week to learn theory. it's hard to explain for me^^

you get money from the company but much less as if you would be a full employee with completed apprenticeship. many jobs you have to go to university for in usa work like that here. the government has less costs then because the companies have the costs but therefore they have them in their company learning in the company and working for that company which is not bad for that company. so, in the end government is spending less here per capita but people still learn the same here. (but we still spend too less for the schools they go to before they start with that)

maybe the problem is that universities, especially the top universities get billions for research and whatever but the normal schools where people go to the first years in their life don't really get more than 40 years ago (except the increase of financial capital to work against inflation). but since i don't really know american highschools and such things it is only a theory.

They aren't counting unviersites.

American highschools aren't really different then anywhere else.

It's just the US has really fetishised colleges.

Everyones Special + College = Success + Government gives you "free" guranteed loans just leads to degree inflation.

So you need a degree to do anything.

Kasz216 said:

They aren't counting unviersites.

American highschools aren't really different then anywhere else.

It's just the US has really fetishised colleges.

Everyones Special + College = Success + Government gives you "free" guranteed loans just leads to degree inflation.

So you need a degree to do anything.

i also meant college or the whole system which is absolutely different. as example we don't have something like highschool here. we have 4 different systems kids can go to if they are between ~10-18. you go to highschool with which age? 14 or so? and then you can go to college. we go then depending which age we left the school and on which school system we were to what i was talking about with working in a company for three years or to a universtity or to a "college" which is something different to what you call college. pretty complicated here and i can't really explain.

i just wanted to say that you can't compare the different systems so easily and more spend money of the government for schools than in other countries doesn't have to mean that they have better books there or whatever^^  japan as example has also much lower capital for education and i don't really believe that they have less possibilities in their schools to learn as good as possible.

or all these football teams you have on american collages, we don't have something like that here, we go to football like we call it here (soccer) but not from school, after school in a club.

or how you all sleep at the campus there, that's also something most here don't do. that's why you often read amercians saying something like "my mate at my dorm" and you won't read that from someone from germany (or only very seldom). we have something like that here for some but that system  is much bigger in usa

WE ARE 72% !!

Around the Network

its sad how little interest there is in something that really does affect everyone. something needs to be done...

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018