By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what have I missed as a Nintendo only gamer this Generation?

Chandler said:
I was somewhat in the same situation, except I have a decent PC in addition to my Wii so I played the majority of third party games. However, I got a PS3 really cheap early this year only to discover that I really haven't missed that much. From what I played the following PS3 games are worth playing:
-Demons Souls and/or Dark Souls
-any Uncharted. I played 3, it's decent.
-Red Dead Redemption
and thats about it...I also played FF13, 13-2, God of War 3, Killzone 3, GTA 4 and Resistance 3 but none of those games are games that you miss out on if you don't play them.

Since you don't have a PC I would add Bioshock 1+2, Arkham City, Deus Ex: HR, Fallout: New Vegas and Portal 2 to the list.

I can not say anything about MS exclusives because I would rather stab myself to death with a wooden spoon than touch anything from them :P

What operating system are you running those PC games on?

I've never understood MS haters. I've been using Windows since 3.1, before that DOS. I've been enjoying their games since Flight Simulator. Halo, the whole franchise is amazing. Seriously, other than minor gripes, what's to hate so much?

Around the Network

Oh dear.. Almost everything!

It would be easier and quicker if it was reversed.. and going to explore the library as a Nintendo gamer..

But well. Gears of War trilogy, 2 great Halo games (And the world of perfect online Multiplayer gaming) Ninja Gaiden II for the most epic bloodshow (360 version!) Uncharted trilogy.. RPG games like Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Skyrim, Fable II, Mass Effect trilogy, Dark Souls (And Demon.. did not play but seems like a good one too)

Bioshock!! Rockstar awesome trio GTA IV (And Episodes), La. Noir and Red Dead Redemption. Racing awesomness Forza 3, 4 or GT 5.

Epic Metal Gear Solid 4!! DLC treasures like Braid, Limbo, Trails HD, Castle Crashers, JOurney, The Walking Dead Ep 1 & 2, Shadow Complex, FEZ.. Hack and slash jewels and epic master God of War 3 with little brother Devil May Cry 4.

I can go on for ever.. but if you like games you must buy a console becuase Wii....

Khuutra said:

Play Vanquish.

The correct answer. 

Metal Gear Solid 4. Of course, if you haven't played the previous titles, much of MGS4 won't make sense.

Being on a gaming site, you should know the answer to this question.

Before I give you any answers - What genres do you like playing? The vast number of quality games on PS3, 360 and PC this generation is well... Vast. Its hard to answer your question without knowing your tastes.

Around the Network

You've lost 95% of this gen.

Going by my collection it would be something like:

- Halo main series
- Halo Wars
- Skyrim
- Battlefield 3
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Kameo: Elements of Power
- Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie and Perfect Dark remakes (though not necessary if you have the old versions and functional controllers)
- Metro 2033
- Dead Space series
- F.E.A.R 2
- Shitload of demos (including Left 4 Dead 2 and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. God I wish I owned their full versions)
- Stuff I've forgotten

Indie games, the best part of this entire generation of gaming. Get yourself a 360 and PS3 just for them.

I'm usually trying to tell people the great games they've missed on the Nintendo side, as a wii and ps3 owner, let me try the sony side:

Uncharted
Heavy rain
Ratchet n clank series
Warhawk (still lively though not as it used to be)
little big planet
Heavenly Sword *one of my favs*
Resident evil 5 *another fave*
Batman Arkum Asylum and City * MUST PLAYS*
Assassins creed * i dont think you'll need to play 1, but overall, great series*
*all the fighting games, tekken, marvel vs capcom 3, blazblu, soul calibur, etc*
a ton of psn downloads like critter crunch, mushroom wars, journey

Uncharted and Bioshock are must play new ips this generation.