By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I got a PS1, suggest me some games!

Crash Bandicoot 3 - Crash was the mascot for the original PS, his games were some of the best platformers around. I personally prefer Crash 3 to Mario 64.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - If you haven't played the game then I would highly recommend it. It was the start of the whole metroidvania craze and still remains the best in the series.

Spyro the Dragon - Spyro was kind of like the Mario 64 of the PS, a platformer with very open levels and tons of collectables.

Legend of Dragoon - One of the most underrated RPGs of all time, even better than FF7.

Buy these games, now. Have you bought them yet? What are you waiting for?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Play your FFVIII right away. Spyro the dragon all of them for ps1. Crash bandicoot. I also had fun with the digimon world games but they are kind of tedious.

FF 7, Ape Escape, Gran Tourismo, MGS

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

binary solo said:
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Oddworld: Abe's Oddessy
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Medieval
All the Crash Bandicoot games.

I remember watching a friend play Oddworld on the PC when I was a kid. Those will definately be among the first I get. I bet the experience will be vastly different now that I know english though xD

I LOVE ICELAND!

NiKKoM said:
Vib Ribbon
Parappa The rapper
Um Jammer Lammy
Bishi Bashi special

Aside from Parappa the rapper, I've never heard of those games before. Could you tell me a little about them?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Silent Hill

VAGRANT FUKIN STORYyyyyyyy

Gran Turismo 2
Castlevania: SotN
Destruction Derby 1/2
Tekken 3
Cool Boarders 2
Tony Hawk 1/2
Armored Core
Jet Moto 1/2/3
Twisted Metal 1/2

Bolded ones I enjoyed the most.  Glad I was the first to give a shout out to Armored Core, Twisted Metal, and Destruction Derby.

I also really enjoyed Resident Evil 2 and 3. My first entry into survival horror.

I also really loved Fear Effect. I wish they did a re-make / made a sequel for HD consoles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

KungKras said:
binary solo said:
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Oddworld: Abe's Oddessy
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Medieval
All the Crash Bandicoot games.

I remember watching a friend play Oddworld on the PC when I was a kid. Those will definately be among the first I get. I bet the experience will be vastly different now that I know english though xD

Possessing your farts to then go and blow up your enemies with said fart is the coolest thing in gaming ever. EVAH!!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix