By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldro just bought a PSVita

Tagged games:

added

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

SUPER MONKEY BALL!!!!

I have my platinum in Gravity Rush (great game), and Unit 13 (recently). Unit 13 is the near perfect portable game because of some short missions that are great on the go. Even the co-op is fine and I can probably help you with some of the missions. Just add me Onikenshi is my PSN id.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

one of us, one of us, gooble gobble, gooble gobble

d21lewis said:
I guess it depends on what kind of Uncharted fan you are, Aldro. Uncharted 1 was a beautiful game but got pretty repetitive and the enemies were bullet sponges. Uncharted 2 had a great mix of gameplay and awesome set pieces. Uncharted 3 (to me, anyway) really ramped up the set pieces but the gameplay seemed to take a back seat to the awesome graphics and moments that make you say "WOW!". Golden Abyss seems to have great gameplay and even a great story but there aren't too many (if any) moments that will blow you away with their movie-like feel. It's less "movie" and more "game".

I think Uncharted 2 had a perfect balance of gameplay and cinematic feel. One and three leaned too far one way or the other. For me, when it comes to being a game, Golden Abyss may actually be the best playing one. But that's just me. With that in mind, I actually look forward to seeing your opinion. And keep in mind that I wasn't really invested in Golden Abyss until I got several chapters in. Then, the game just grabbed me.

I want an experience. Uncharted 3 had the best one in my opinion :). I loved the "inner demons" / "insecurity" of Drake along with backstory and Deception as theme + Greatness being somewhat defined :P.

It really touched my heart in ways no game has and that was mostly due to the immersion of gameplay and cinematics / setpieces plus the fact that I had grown so attached to the characters after Uncharted 1 but also the amazing Uncharted 2. And I can't say those "WOW" moments of UC3 didn't make me nerdgasm xD

So far, on Golden Abyss (I just woke up in.. a "jail", Chapter 4 xD kinda' early) but I am enjoying it. I love how Drake mentioned that he did ..stuff like these way back and that its a long story xD. And I love how he gets all whoa i survived a bridge falling and I'm like "Oh Drake, if you only knew what shit you survive down the road" :P. I just want to feel connected to the characters and for ME: Uncharted 3 did that the most. You know how there is sometimes that one game that you truly love because it really is ..YOUR game, thats how I feel about Uncharted. ... And the Jedi Knight series but thats another story xD.

Can anyone tell me if Sully is in the game for a long time? I really don't care too much about Chase or Dante :|

Around the Network
Aldro said:
d21lewis said:
I guess it depends on what kind of Uncharted fan you are, Aldro. Uncharted 1 was a beautiful game but got pretty repetitive and the enemies were bullet sponges. Uncharted 2 had a great mix of gameplay and awesome set pieces. Uncharted 3 (to me, anyway) really ramped up the set pieces but the gameplay seemed to take a back seat to the awesome graphics and moments that make you say "WOW!". Golden Abyss seems to have great gameplay and even a great story but there aren't too many (if any) moments that will blow you away with their movie-like feel. It's less "movie" and more "game".

I think Uncharted 2 had a perfect balance of gameplay and cinematic feel. One and three leaned too far one way or the other. For me, when it comes to being a game, Golden Abyss may actually be the best playing one. But that's just me. With that in mind, I actually look forward to seeing your opinion. And keep in mind that I wasn't really invested in Golden Abyss until I got several chapters in. Then, the game just grabbed me.

I want an experience. Uncharted 3 had the best one in my opinion :). I loved the "inner demons" / "insecurity" of Drake along with backstory and Deception as theme + Greatness being somewhat defined :P.

It really touched my heart in ways no game has and that was mostly due to the immersion of gameplay and cinematics / setpieces plus the fact that I had grown so attached to the characters after Uncharted 1 but also the amazing Uncharted 2. And I can't say those "WOW" moments of UC3 didn't make me nerdgasm xD

So far, on Golden Abyss (I just woke up in.. a "jail", Chapter 4 xD kinda' early) but I am enjoying it. I love how Drake mentioned that he did ..stuff like these way back and that its a long story xD. And I love how he gets all whoa i survived a bridge falling and I'm like "Oh Drake, if you only knew what shit you survive down the road" :P. I just want to feel connected to the characters and for ME: Uncharted 3 did that the most. You know how there is sometimes that one game that you truly love because it really is ..YOUR game, thats how I feel about Uncharted. ... And the Jedi Knight series but thats another story xD.

Can anyone tell me if Sully is in the game for a long time? I really don't care too much about Chase or Dante :|

You will work with Sully alot end mid - end game =)

Exile1987 said:
Aldro said:
d21lewis said:

You will work with Sully alot end mid - end game =)

Sweet, thanks :D