By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting at Batman Premiere - 12 dead / Your opinions on gun laws

kain_kusanagi said:
Mr Khan said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Of everything I said, THAT is all you took from it? My point wasn't even against drug and alcohol laws. My point was that criminals break laws no matter how many laws you set.

Personally I'd rather live in a country where every good decent American owns a gun rather than a crack pipe. Drugs probably cause more gun violence than any other motive and legalizing drugs wouldn't stop that. Maybe if drugs were given out for free to all addicts, but that's a disgusting society I'd never want to be part of.

But, all that is beside the point. This topic is about a tragedy and gun laws. My heart breaks for the victims and victim's families of the Aurora Colorado shooting. My stance on gun control remains firm. You can't stop criminals from committing crimes with guns and you shouldn't stop good decent citizens from defending themselves. If anything more people should earn conceal carry permits.

Right, so that the number of "justifiable homicides" can shoot up. Our nation's culture of vigilantism is the problem, and shouldn't be indulged. Even in the Wild West they knew well enough to have people check their weapons before coming into town.

Would you rather trade justifiable homicides for plain old homicides? The thing about weapon checks is everybody gets checked. Right now there are probably more criminals walking around with guns than law abiding citizens. It's backwards. If put in the position I would rather commit justifiable homicide than be the victim of homicide. Would you not?

Oh and outside of movies like Back to the Future 3 I'm not sure where you are getting your history from. There may have been weapon checks here and there once in a while, but American towns did not have giant walls and guarded gates to maintain security and check for weapons. Private businesses may have asked customers to leave weapons outside, but cities as a whole did not.

The famous shootout in Tombstone, Arizona for one revolved around the refusal of a small group of outlaws to abide by the local statute, with Wyatt Earp and other legally-entrusted individuals going to stop it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Horrible news to hear, not only were they not able to watch the movie but to lose their lives as well? I'll pray for the victims and their families.

Also watching that movie will never be the same for those who survived :/.

And people wonder why someone does pirate their things.
If those people would have just waited 1 week they could have watched it at home in HD too.

Probably now a good excuse for pirating stuff now cause if you go outside,especially to a Premerie you could die.

Mr Khan said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Mr Khan said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Of everything I said, THAT is all you took from it? My point wasn't even against drug and alcohol laws. My point was that criminals break laws no matter how many laws you set.

Personally I'd rather live in a country where every good decent American owns a gun rather than a crack pipe. Drugs probably cause more gun violence than any other motive and legalizing drugs wouldn't stop that. Maybe if drugs were given out for free to all addicts, but that's a disgusting society I'd never want to be part of.

But, all that is beside the point. This topic is about a tragedy and gun laws. My heart breaks for the victims and victim's families of the Aurora Colorado shooting. My stance on gun control remains firm. You can't stop criminals from committing crimes with guns and you shouldn't stop good decent citizens from defending themselves. If anything more people should earn conceal carry permits.

Right, so that the number of "justifiable homicides" can shoot up. Our nation's culture of vigilantism is the problem, and shouldn't be indulged. Even in the Wild West they knew well enough to have people check their weapons before coming into town.

Would you rather trade justifiable homicides for plain old homicides? The thing about weapon checks is everybody gets checked. Right now there are probably more criminals walking around with guns than law abiding citizens. It's backwards. If put in the position I would rather commit justifiable homicide than be the victim of homicide. Would you not?

Oh and outside of movies like Back to the Future 3 I'm not sure where you are getting your history from. There may have been weapon checks here and there once in a while, but American towns did not have giant walls and guarded gates to maintain security and check for weapons. Private businesses may have asked customers to leave weapons outside, but cities as a whole did not.

The famous shootout in Tombstone, Arizona for one revolved around the refusal of a small group of outlaws to abide by the local statute, with Wyatt Earp and other legally-entrusted individuals going to stop it.

Like I said, here and there and once in a while. Tomb Stone was one very small town out of thousands in the West. Yeah it's famous, but it's a special case not the norm. It's famous for being a special case.

Disgusting.

sperrico87 said:

You both have a complete misunderstanding about our Constitution and our culture.  The Constitution guarantees, among many things, a right to bear arms, and to defend ourselves and practice our lives how we see fit as long as we don't harm others. 

You think the Police can protect you?  The Police only do what they're told to do, depending on whom is in charge.  They can't protect you from harm any more than you can protect yourself.  You would rather live in a controlled police-state than a free state?  Shameful.

If you're asking me whether I would rather live in a country where any idiot can't walk down the street holding an extremely dangerous weapon and my safety is in the hands of trained professionals, then yes.

A country where gun laws are tight is not a "police state". Infact, in the UK, we can obtain double barreled shotguns fairly easily if we don't have a criminal record and the gun is registered with the police, and a double barrel shotgun is more than enough to protect our homes, so you don't have an argument. If you want a truly "free state", why not legalise drugs and start handing out nuclear weapons to the population, there are some things we can't be trusted with.

Around the Network
YukanaSenix said:
BasilZero said:

Horrible news to hear, not only were they not able to watch the movie but to lose their lives as well? I'll pray for the victims and their families.

Also watching that movie will never be the same for those who survived :/.

And people wonder why someone does pirate their things.
If those people would have just waited 1 week they could have watched it at home in HD too.

Probably now a good excuse for pirating stuff now cause if you go outside,especially to a Premerie you could die.

I know this forum frowns upon putting people down but that may have been the dumbest post I've ever read. A bad attempt at being funny.
Are you going to tell people they shouldn't go to school because there are school shootings? 

what do you all think about this article
http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

yum123 said:

That is some bogus nut job conspiracy theorist trash.

kain_kusanagi said:
yum123 said:

That is some bogus nut job conspiracy theorist trash.

theres also a video attached he does make a couple of valid points but yea I very much doubt it was planned that seems more insane than what happened.

brendude13 said:
sperrico87 said:

You both have a complete misunderstanding about our Constitution and our culture.  The Constitution guarantees, among many things, a right to bear arms, and to defend ourselves and practice our lives how we see fit as long as we don't harm others. 

You think the Police can protect you?  The Police only do what they're told to do, depending on whom is in charge.  They can't protect you from harm any more than you can protect yourself.  You would rather live in a controlled police-state than a free state?  Shameful.

If you're asking me whether I would rather live in a country where any idiot can't walk down the street holding an extremely dangerous weapon and my safety is in the hands of trained professionals, then yes.

A country where gun laws are tight is not a "police state". Infact, in the UK, we can obtain double barreled shotguns fairly easily if we don't have a criminal record and the gun is registered with the police, and a double barrel shotgun is more than enough to protect our homes, so you don't have an argument. If you want a truly "free state", why not legalise drugs and start handing out nuclear weapons to the population, there are some things we can't be trusted with.

Well, aside from the fact that there'd be no feasible way to "hand out" nukes to individual people, lol, drugs should be legalized.  There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that drug prohibition decreases drug use and crime.  In fact, the opposite is true.  Many people do drugs just to be rebellious againt the system, and still many others are put in prison as addicts instead of receiving treatment, which costs half as much per year as incarceration.