By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The 2012 London Summer Olympics : It has started!! 'Will England go big with Medals this year like China did when they host the Olympics?!'

What is your favorite Event?

Gymnastics 6 11.32%

Track & Field 11 20.75%

Boxing 0 0%

Cycling 2 3.77%

Hockey 8 15.09%

Rowing 1 1.89%

Shooting 1 1.89%

Swimming 9 16.98%

Other 6 11.32%

Ceremonies 3 5.66%

Total:47

Us Canadians are not the best when it comes to the Summer Olympics. I would say we come up with 10 medals. However when beer chugging, bra removing and Lacrosse becomes official Olympic sports....watch out world.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Us Canadians are not the best when it comes to the Summer Olympics. I would say we come up with 10 medals. However when beer chugging, bra removing and Lacrosse becomes official Olympic sports....watch out world.

There is Hockey going on! As an American I am pretty quick with a bra as well!

Yes there is Hockey for sure, however its Field Hockey.....we suck at that.

As for bra removal, I challenge you kind Sir to an official bra removal competition.

Whoever removes NintendoPie's bra first shall be declared the winner.

Mr Khan said:
Huh, i was unaware that China had won in total standings in 2008. Silly me.

As an American, I believe it was homecourt advantage. US also had the most medals over all though. Perhpas the best way is to assign point values for the medal to determine the true victor. US will be back on top this time, and we won't have to bribe the judges to let Michael Phelps win. ( Yeah I said that. I watched that video of him swimming over while that French dude swam under and he clearly lost not that I'm complaining.)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

ew i think i just voted for field hockey

Mr Khan said:
Huh, i was unaware that China had won in total standings in 2008. Silly me.

It's not a surprise, they'll probably win this year too. (You know how hard they train their Athletes!)

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:

As for bra removal, I challenge you kind Sir to an official bra removal competition.

I hope you do know that I am a male.

NintendoPie said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

I hope you do know that I am a male.

Yes, yes I do Pie......

I hope Russia does great, they were a bit of a letdown on China.

My money's on China.

The Chinese just want it more... and are willing to bend human rights to get there.

As for me... I don't plan to watch a single event... except like... maybe a Basketball game or two if nothing else is on.

Also, I think both Gold count, and Medal Count are dumb indicators. I prefer a 3,2,1 point system.

3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze.

What a  wuss, still kinda like him as athlete overall even though he is a fake southpaw.  I also agree with what you said earlier that China will have a hard time having more metals then Russia.  Even though I haven't followed most Olympic sports closely I'm pretty sure that China is not as dominant this year in sports that they domintated in 2008 like male and female gymnastics.